About Ticket #153

Bug reports for the different beta versions of transcendence.
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Link to ticket: http://wiki.neurohack.com/transcendence/trac/ticket/153
negative weapon speed while stacking too many speed enhancers

Description
Stacking 4 high-speed howitzer loaders, or 3 high-speed howitzer loaders and an optimizer rom on the same weapon will give the weapon negative firing speed.
As a result the weapon shoots a single time, then stops working until uninstalled, then reinstalled.
I just encountered (a variant of) this problem (for my Items Pack mod). This time, I used four different sources, which include one high-speed howitzer loader, two separate custom speed modifier devices (one that sped up firerate, and another that slowed firerate in exchange for another bonus), and an optimizer ROM. The result is my weapon's fire rate went up from under two shots per second to ten shots per second. For a level X plasma weapon, this bug turned it into gamebreaking god weapon.

After that, I changed the speed malus to a bonus and tried the combination again. The firerate disappeared, and after one shot, it would not fire again. I guess the speed was so much it wrapped around to an extremely slow speed.

Like to see a fix for this. Changing speed in combination or mixed blessing devices is useful, but getting a severely game changing bug out of the deal hurts.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.