1.2a1 OnGlobalTypesInIt is run twice

Bug reports for the different beta versions of transcendence.
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Hmm... I'm confused. Anybody have a starmap to the Core?

OnGlobalTypesInIt is run twice when starting the game-- first when a new game is selected and then a second time when the game is generating all systems.
OnGlobalTypesInIt should only be run ONCE, and preferably when the game is generating all systems.
Credit to Jay2Jay for pointing out a bug in Uncharted that points this out.
Tutorial List on the Wiki and Installing Mods
Get on Discord for mod help and general chat
Der Tod ist der zeitlose Frieden und das leben ist der Krieg
Wir müssen wissen — wir werden wissen!
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

OnGlobalTypesInit gets called every time a new game is created. The intro screen actually counts as a game, so it is probably getting called at that point.

I'd be interested to hear how this could cause a bug. Any dynamic types created in this event during the intro screen should get deleted when a new game is created.
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Hmm... I'm confused. Anybody have a starmap to the Core?

Ah okay. The issue was that I was typCreating a systemmap and topology and the second topology would not turn out well formed. I didn't know OnGlobalTypesInit would be called twice and I think the bug is more my code than anything (in hindsight, I don't think I bounded all my variables correctly >.<).

I don't think this is a major bug (since I tried to reproduce the bug and failed) so I would consider this closed for now.
Tutorial List on the Wiki and Installing Mods
Get on Discord for mod help and general chat
Der Tod ist der zeitlose Frieden und das leben ist der Krieg
Wir müssen wissen — wir werden wissen!
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.