1.2 beta 1 Weapon optimizer ROMs broken

Bug reports for the different beta versions of transcendence.
Bruno
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Using a weapon optimizer ROM will set the weapon to extreme hyperspeed, far beyond any sensibility.

The weapon will not display a firing speed when you look at it in the ship configuration screen.

(edit: vanilla version, no mods)
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

This may be related to a speed stacking bug in previous versions where if a weapon received speed mods from four different sources, the boost from the fourth source greatly accelerated the weapon (or slowed to shot per minutes if it was ridiculously fast previously).

Now, in the beta, the first source greatly accelerates speed, and additional sources work as normal. For example, first speed upgrade speeds up a howitzer from 1.5 shots/sec to 10 shots/sec. Then the second source of speed increases that same howitzer from 10 shots/sec to 15 shots/sec.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

This fixed in beta 2.

I don't know about the multiple stacking problem, though.
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I just tried stacking five sources of speed (four enhancers and a ROM) for a weapon in 1.2 beta 2 and they work as expected.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.
erik dela cruz
Militia Captain
Militia Captain
Location: Patrolling Scarborough Shoal and the Spratlys Islands (West Philippine Sea)

the only thing bug i found with the weapon optimization is with the Ship Configuration Screen where no firing rate is given for lasers, kinetic, and i particular the omni/Bushido particle weapons, but everything's ok for tev9, ion & thermo weapons(Fusion Fire). Wish these super ROM was kept in Beta 2. :cry:
.....cry without weeping......
.....talk without speaking......
.....scream without raising your voice......