debug problems

Bug reports for the different beta versions of transcendence.
Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I'm having trouble getting dbglog statements in library functions invoked in events to work consistently.

In attached files there are dbglog statements that should be running since they're in onupdate and onshielddamage events, but there's nothing in debug.log except the usual loading stuff even when running the game in debug mode.
Attachments
Trans120.zip
Save and Extensions
(1.7 MiB) Downloaded 145 times
Literally is the new Figuratively
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

Atarlost wrote:I'm having trouble getting dbglog statements in library functions invoked in events to work consistently.

In attached files there are dbglog statements that should be running since they're in onupdate and onshielddamage events, but there's nothing in debug.log except the usual loading stuff even when running the game in debug mode.
EDIT: Ignore my original theory (about debug setting). Instead, I think the problem is that <OnShieldDamage> does not report errors, unfortunately. [I've fixed this in the next release.]

Now it reports: "function AU_DirectionalShield not found". My guess is that there is a paren missmatch in <Globals> and a bunch of functions are not getting defined.
Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

george moromisato wrote:
Atarlost wrote:I'm having trouble getting dbglog statements in library functions invoked in events to work consistently.

EDIT: Ignore my original theory (about debug setting). Instead, I think the problem is that <OnShieldDamage> does not report errors, unfortunately. [I've fixed this in the next release.]

Now it reports: "function AU_DirectionalShield not found". My guess is that there is a paren missmatch in <Globals> and a bunch of functions are not getting defined.
That's the odd thing. It worked when I tested it on a playership.

Also, some of the dbglog statements that aren't working are in an <onupdate> event not <onshielddamage>.
Literally is the new Figuratively