Three autoDefenceDevice bugs and the meaning of "ICX"

Bug reports for the different beta versions of transcendence.
TVR
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

The xml for reference: http://xelerus.de/index.php?s=mod&id=1168

Trans120rc2

1) aDDs with fireRate="2" (30 shots/sec) do not consume power (eg. LaLumiere Advanced Defence System in PDmod)
2) targetCriteria="s t mb" and targetCriteria="t mb" and targetCriteria="s t" are identical to targetCriteria="t" (eg. Gravitometric Repulsor Field Generator in PDmod)
3) aDDs firing a repeating weapon have a 1 tick delay on firing each shot after the first (firing on tick = t + 0, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, etc.) (eg. Longreach Duo in PDmod)

Also, what does ICX stand for? The best I've got is InterCeptorX or Integrated Countermeasures eXtension.
Fiction is reality, simplified for mass consumption.
PGP: 0x940707ED, 5DB8 4CB4 1EF5 E987 18A0 CD99 3554 3C13 9407 07ED
Bitcoin: 1LLDr7pnZDjXVT5mMDrkqRKkAPByPCQiXQ
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

I don't have much lore for the ICX line. I suspect it is an EI device, since it uses a laser cannon.

"ICX" is just a model number. "I" is for "interceptor"; "C" is for "computerized" (automated, as opposed to manual); "X" is "eXperimental".

Whichever subdivision created it could have other devices following a similar pattern:

"IC100" could be a marketed (non-experimental) version of the ICX.
"ACX" could be an "all-purpose" (anti-missile and anti-ship) defender.
Etc.
Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

If there's a more advanced Longreach already what makes the ICX eXperimental?
Literally is the new Figuratively
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

Atarlost wrote:If there's a more advanced Longreach already what makes the ICX eXperimental?
I was thinking that was a different company.

The ICX is an older model (hence not too powerful). At the time it may have been advanced, but that was a long time ago. [Maybe "experimental" is the wrong word. Maybe it was simply the first working version.]
Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Could be Interceptor, Computerized 10. 1-8 were prototypes that didn't work. 9 was a prototype that did. 10 is what hit the market.
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

Atarlost wrote:Could be Interceptor, Computerized 10. 1-8 were prototypes that didn't work. 9 was a prototype that did. 10 is what hit the market.
That works for me. Are you implying that the 10 is expressed as Roman numerals? Or are you proposing a name change?
Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

george moromisato wrote:
Atarlost wrote:Could be Interceptor, Computerized 10. 1-8 were prototypes that didn't work. 9 was a prototype that did. 10 is what hit the market.
That works for me. Are you implying that the 10 is expressed as Roman numerals? Or are you proposing a name change?
The former.

If we're looking at possible renaming I think I'd just call it an "Interceptor" as a model name. Other than this only NAMI uses short names on non-missiles that I can think of and even NAMI pairs them with names (eg. PK25 Morningstar)