1.3 - Charon System Pirates

Bug reports for the different beta versions of transcendence.
CaleyM
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

When I sniped the Fortress I started getting endless waves of pirates from all over place. It went on until I ran out of missiles and energy. I also tried killing some of the other bases, but that didn't change anything. It seems impossible to finish.
FAD
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

CaleyM wrote:When I sniped the Fortress I started getting endless waves of pirates from all over place. It went on until I ran out of missiles and energy. I also tried killing some of the other bases, but that didn't change anything. It seems impossible to finish.
Chalk this up as a lesson learned, as the Charon pirates are notorious for defending their bases, or avenging if they fall. It's best to save the fortress for last and hit their strongholds first--that'll reduce the waves a bit, but they'll still come after you. The Charon system is one you need to be best prepared for before entering, and don't just rely on missiles when going up against them (hint: particle cannons.) Also, kill/loot Drakes for more NAMI missiles, and kill/loot the gunships for fuel, as they'll supply you plenty. Once their last base falls in that system, they'll no longer come in waves, just a few minute random skirmishes afterwards that you can easily handle.
CaleyM
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

This is after I destroyed all of their bases:

http://imagebin.org/299386

The small ships gate in like every 30 seconds.
FAD
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

CaleyM wrote:This is after I destroyed all of their bases:

http://imagebin.org/299386

The small ships gate in like every 30 seconds.
Ah, ok, so you had a frigate wandering about in Charon, which would explain the frequent gate-ins of gunships. Anytime you smack down the gunships, reinforcemets for the frigate wil continue to gate in. Kill the frigate and no more little guys will gate in.

But are those Drakes also gating in as well or are they remnants of bases destroyed?
NMS
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I think there should be a delay on reinforcements in general. If a ship or station that can call reinforcements is close to a stargate, they can just pour in continuously as fast as you kill them. Depending on their type and your equipment, this may be deadly, lucrative, or merely tedious.
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

NMS wrote:I think there should be a delay on reinforcements in general. If a ship or station that can call reinforcements is close to a stargate, they can just pour in continuously as fast as you kill them. Depending on their type and your equipment, this may be deadly, lucrative, or merely tedious.
The problem is that they ignore attacks (for the most part) and arrive one-by-one. This is good for some things (auton swarms for example, which can rack up ludicrous killcounts very quickly), but can cause problems for other ships/tactics.
Mischievous local moderator. She/Her pronouns.