Salvager Nomads vs Titanium Barricades

Bug reports for the different beta versions of transcendence.
pixelfck
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Salvager Nomads attempt to loot Titanium Barricades (the ones deployed in space after Using them).

I suspect this would be a bug... although the more those buggers are distracted the better :)

~Pixelfck
Download the Black Market Expansion from Xelerus.de today!
My other mods at xelerus.de
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

They're also keenly interested in the new corporate navbeacons in CC.
Mischievous local moderator. She/Her pronouns.
Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Speaking of CC it would be cool if Salvagers were corrupted by chimeric loot.

And a good way to make them quit making nuisances of themselves.
Literally is the new Figuratively
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Atarlost wrote:Speaking of CC it would be cool if Salvagers were corrupted by chimeric loot.

And a good way to make them quit making nuisances of themselves.
Do you want to fight chimeras with really really heavy armor and non-critical segments and autolooting giving them the best guns they can salvage in the entire sector? Possibly when you're only carrying the SPAAAAAACE equivalent of a pea-shooter?

Because I really, really do not.
Mischievous local moderator. She/Her pronouns.
AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Atarlost wrote:Speaking of CC it would be cool if Salvagers were corrupted by chimeric loot.
 My first thought from seeing this was, “If chimeric equipment could corrupt ships that loot it, that might be a Really Bad Thing™ since playerships would probably be just as susceptible to said corruption.”

Mod prefixes: 0xA010 (registered) and 0xDCC8 (miscellaneous)

My mods on Xelerus: Click here!

Of all the things I’ve lost in life, I miss my mind the least. (I’m having a lot more fun without it!)
FourFire
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Do you want to fight chimeras with really really heavy armor and non-critical segments and autolooting giving them the best guns they can salvage in the entire sector? Possibly when you're only carrying the SPAAAAAACE equivalent of a pea-shooter?
YES !

I WANT!
(func(Admin Response)= true){
if(admin func(amiable) = true)
Create func(Helpful Posts)
else func(Keep Calm and Post derisive topics)}
Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

AssumedPseudonym wrote:
 My first thought from seeing this was, “If chimeric equipment could corrupt ships that loot it, that might be a Really Bad Thing™ since playerships would probably be just as susceptible to said corruption.”
Players don't take it apart to see how it works. And have protagonist immunity.

Kind of like how Carth and Canderous never get turned into rhakgouls in Knights of the Old Republic even though they're non-force-user humans.

Credit Domina for protecting the player. I really just want a way to poison pill salvagers.
Literally is the new Figuratively
pixelfck
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Atarlost wrote:Credit Domina for protecting the player. I really just want a way to poison pill salvagers.
This may be a very nice direction to take the Domina affiliation for the player. Maybe even deny the player the protection if you standing to Domina is negative.

~Pixelfck
Download the Black Market Expansion from Xelerus.de today!
My other mods at xelerus.de
AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Atarlost wrote:Players don't take it apart to see how it works.
 Neither do Salvagers, as near as I can tell. They just hoard and use stuff. I’m totally with you, though. I hate the buggers, and they have one of the highest make-them-be-dead priorities on my list. (This is one reasons Anarchists have a special place in my heart. I love seeing an Anarchist Gathering with a dead Salavager stuck on top of one of the stations. It’s almost enough to make me leave that particular Gathering alone. …Almost.)
 Tinkers, on the other hand… Of course, they only buy the stuff if it’s broken, so there’s that. Donating stuff to Dvalin could do ominous things if it’s still intact when they go to study it, though.
Atarlost wrote:Credit Domina for protecting the player. I really just want a way to poison pill salvagers.
pixelfck wrote:This may be a very nice direction to take the Domina affiliation for the player. Maybe even deny the player the protection if you standing to Domina is negative.
 This is a nifty idea, actually, especially if taking the route that even having the stuff puts you at risk of chimerification instead of having to actually poke and prod at it or equip it. Or course, if even having it causes problems, that could open a whole new bag of worms if you take it somewhere to sell it, or if installing it could corrupt the ship, there might be a warning screen to advise against it…
 Wait. What does all of this have to do with titanium barricades…? Someone may want to fork this line of thought off onto its own thread.

Mod prefixes: 0xA010 (registered) and 0xDCC8 (miscellaneous)

My mods on Xelerus: Click here!

Of all the things I’ve lost in life, I miss my mind the least. (I’m having a lot more fun without it!)