&stAdventurerOutfitters; missing militaryID check

Bug reports for the different beta versions of transcendence.
pixelfck
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

&stAdventurerOutfitters; Does NOT check for militaryID when SELLING items. This seems to be a bug, as it is a &svCorporate; station and it does indeed require the ID for all other relevant actions.

(I looked it up in the code: the gCheckMilitaryID flag is not set.)

Cheers,
Pixelfck
Download the Black Market Expansion from Xelerus.de today!
My other mods at xelerus.de
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

You are right, but I don't think any Corporate station checks military ID when SELLING.

Commonwealth stations confiscate military items if you don't have an ID, which means you can't sell them (unless you have a smuggler's cargo hold).

Corporate stations don't confiscate military items (or even illegal items).

So there are three possible options:

1. Leave it as is.
2. Have Corporate stations confiscate military items.
3. Check ID when selling to Corporate stations.

I like the mechanic that you can sell military stuff if you have a smuggler's hold. Would that still apply at Corporate stations? I'm not sure.
pixelfck
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Hmm interesting.

From reading the source code (I checked it extensively for the Black Market Expansion mod), I thought the rules where (just my interpretation of course):

1. Corporate, Commonwealth and Commonwealth Fleet bother with checking legality. All other sovereigns don't care.
2. Commonwealth stations confiscate non-legal items when docking without a smugglers cargo hold installed.
3. Corporate and Commonwealth Fleet stations refuse to do anything illegal, but do not confiscate items.

Based upon the above, I would expect Corporate stations to refuse to sell you a 'military item if you do not have a militaryID.
If I extend this line of reasoning, I would expect them to buy 'military items but refuse to buy 'illegal items.
Also, Corporate stations do not care if the player may have been commenced in illegal activities in the past, so they don't check your cargo hold upon docking.
george moromisato wrote:I like the mechanic that you can sell military stuff if you have a smuggler's hold. Would that still apply at Corporate stations? I'm not sure.
That's funny. I really don't like this game-mechanic because I feel it is immersion breaking: I picture the Commonwealth stations as mostly law-abiding (even the Commonwealth Slums have Customs Inspectors checking your cargo hold!). There are some criminal elements (Victorian night club), but I expect them to respect the law in general. As such, I would expect the official marketplace to confiscate items I'm trying to sell if I'm not allowed to have these items in the first place.

The Commonwealth stations only caring about legality at the docking ring was the inspiration that made me create the above mentioned mod.

Cheers,
Pixelfck
Download the Black Market Expansion from Xelerus.de today!
My other mods at xelerus.de