Enhancement visual display dots threshold

Bug reports for the different beta versions of transcendence.
pixelfck
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

The enhanced visual display (as activated by a visual display enhancement ROM) creates a little red or green square representing ships/stations that are outside the visual display range.
In previous versions of the game, a ship moving outside the screen area was immediately represented by a little square.

In the current beta of the game, there seems to be some distance between a ship leaving the visible window and being represented by a little square. Some fast orbiting ships (Hornet battle pods for example) constantly weave in and out of this area:

Inside visible area ---(moving outward)--> invisible ---(moving further outward)--> represented as a little red square ---(moving inward)--> invisible ---(moving further inward)--> ship visible.

Some ships can fly within the 'invisible' area for quite some time (most notably the Drake-class Missileship), which can be really troublesome.

(My netbook's resolution is 1024x600)

Cheers,
Pixelfck

P.S.
Anyone else experiencing the same issue?
Download the Black Market Expansion from Xelerus.de today!
My other mods at xelerus.de
AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Actually, yes, I am. I run in /windowed mode on a 1600x900 resolution monitor.

Mod prefixes: 0xA010 (registered) and 0xDCC8 (miscellaneous)

My mods on Xelerus: Click here!

Of all the things I’ve lost in life, I miss my mind the least. (I’m having a lot more fun without it!)
NMS
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I've noticed this too. It might be related to the thruster effects throwing off ship size calculations, as mentioned here: http://forums.kronosaur.com/viewtopic.p ... 565#p58461