Portable Analyzer not advanced enough for Lvl 1 barrel

Bug reports for the different beta versions of transcendence.
pixelfck
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

A coule of unidentified Barrels of Radioactive waste seem impossible to identify with a Portable Analyzer, which seems strange because the (unidentified) barrel is a level 1 item.

Cheers,
Pixelfck
Download the Black Market Expansion from Xelerus.de today!
My other mods at xelerus.de
AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

pixelfck wrote:A coule of unidentified Barrels of Radioactive waste seem impossible to identify with a Portable Analyzer, which seems strange because the (unidentified) barrel is a level 1 item.

Cheers,
Pixelfck
 Regenerating nanos and degenerating nanos both have the same issue. The unknown barrels are Level 1, but the actual barrels are higher than the portable analyzer can manage. I think there may be a ROM or two that behaves this way, too, but don’t quote me on that.
 I rather like the idea of keeping it the way it is, though. It keeps a bit of mystery to some of the unknown items early on while still narrowing down what they might be (“…Okay, I already know what radioactive barrels look like, so have a fifty-fifty shot at this being the good stuff…”). It’s a good indication to the player that not everything is necessarily going to go as expected. Plus, I sort of like the mental image that comes to mind of the pilot trying to use the thing and squinting at the error message that pops up on something the analyzer should theoretically be able to get a reading on.

Mod prefixes: 0xA010 (registered) and 0xDCC8 (miscellaneous)

My mods on Xelerus: Click here!

Of all the things I’ve lost in life, I miss my mind the least. (I’m having a lot more fun without it!)