Bugs: 1.5 Beta

Bug reports for the different beta versions of transcendence.
AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

At Atarlost’s suggestion over on the 1.5b1 release thread, I’m posting bugs I’ve found from the new beta over here. I encourage adding any bugs you might find onto this thread, just to have them all in one place rather than starting a new thread for every bug you may run across.

Here’s the ones I have so far:
» The armor screen can’t be used without the mouse for a four-segment ship with its armor at the corners instead of more traditional setup.
» On the armor screen: After repairing an armor segment, it still shows as being damaged when you select that particular segment.
» The new weapon/device/armor dockscreen bypasses the need to have a military ID to shop at armory of a Commonwealth fortress. They still check it if you try to visit the armory proper, but if you try to buy an upgrade from the dock, the only thing they won’t sell you is milspec equipment.
» Corporate shipyards (from Corporate Command) have been rendered completely useless, now offering no services whatsoever. Technically they offer to refuel your ship, but have no compatible fuels with which to do so.

Mod prefixes: 0xA010 (registered) and 0xDCC8 (miscellaneous)

My mods on Xelerus: Click here!

Of all the things I’ve lost in life, I miss my mind the least. (I’m having a lot more fun without it!)
Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

AssumedPseudonym wrote:I encourage adding any bugs you might find onto this thread, just to have them all in one place rather than starting a new thread for every bug you may run across.
Actually, bugs should get their own threads so they don't get lost. Remember, we don't have a bug tracker anymore.
Literally is the new Figuratively
JohnBWatson
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Atarlost wrote:
AssumedPseudonym wrote:I encourage adding any bugs you might find onto this thread, just to have them all in one place rather than starting a new thread for every bug you may run across.
Actually, bugs should get their own threads so they don't get lost. Remember, we don't have a bug tracker anymore.
What happened to it, anyways? It looked useful.
» On the armor screen: After repairing an armor segment, it still shows as being damaged when you select that particular segment.
To clarify, the red 'damage' icon doesn't disappear until you leave and reenter the screen. The percent damaged still goes away.
Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

JohnBWatson wrote:What happened to it, anyways? It looked useful.
It ate the server.
Literally is the new Figuratively
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

Thanks for the bug reports! I've fixed these in the next build (except for the one about Corporate Shipyards--that needs more thought).

p.s.: I'm working on a bugs database; hopefully by the end of the year.