[17a2] Ship explosion consequences

Bug reports for the different beta versions of transcendence.
kay.py
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Most ships now explode destructively.

The NPC AI has a tendency to clump together.

Net result: Suicide bombers with a friendly fire problem.
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

I gave up on telling them the new effects are not "ok", but obviously it's politics over brains.
( and they will probably have a fit I said that out loud - again )

maybe they will listen to you..I stopped playing with the latest versions, while nice things are there, the effects are not cool when a ship blows up everything near it
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

shanejfilomena wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:57 am
I gave up on telling them the new effects are not "ok", but obviously it's politics over brains.

maybe they will listen to you..I stopped playing with the latest versions, while nice things are there, the effects are not cool when a ship blows up everything near it
I don't disagree. I've noticed some issues with this as well in the latest release.
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Ttech wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:10 am
shanejfilomena wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:57 am

I don't disagree. I've noticed some issues with this as well in the latest release.
it has been the general consensus in all 1.7 betas that small ships have excessively powerful explosions, and in some cases the larger ships (and many stations) have insufficiently powerful ones.

(While this is a necro by Shane, it's entirely within the rules as the issue is still relevant for current versions)
Mischievous local moderator. She/Her pronouns.
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

What I was really looking for - all this time - I wanted those in the Fleet Command to to at least acknowledge that what I was experiencing was not an isolated experience.
I was sure that it was something that needed to go to the command structure for a conversation.
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..