Minor 1.8b4 bugs in CC: backtracking to Eridani and side-mounted weapons

Bug reports for the different beta versions of transcendence.
Alandra
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Hi all, I'm running the new beta (1.8b4) with the CC extension, flying a Freyr, and have noticed two little bugs.

One is that when backtracking to Eridani (after having started in Tau Ceti and completed most of the game), I got a message saying "Freyr-class gunship destroyed!" Now it seems to appear whenever I gate into a new system.

Another little backtracking bug is that when I visit the Black Market station in the Rigel Aurelius system and ask to speak to the station boss, I get the "They look up for a moment and then go back to their business" text even though I'm already a Sindikat Lieutenant. I assume this has to do with the Katami quest that usually involves that station.

My last bug is slightly more serious and goes as follows. When undocking from a station which has just installed a side-mounted weapon for me, a random-looking debug text appears and the weapon shows up in an awkward or impossible place on the ship. Right now I'm flying around with a "side-mounted" Howitzer extending from the tip of my ship's nose, lol.

My game is still playable, and I would never have noticed the first two bugs ordinarily. It'd be nice to address them, though.
Curious about real-life aliens? www.antareanjourneys.com
relanat
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

If you still have it could you attach the debug log for that game. Thanks.
Stupid code. Do what I want, not what I typed in!
Alandra
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Here is my debug log:
Debug.log
(47.8 KiB) Downloaded 247 times
Later on in this same game, two Svalbard Explorers were spawned in Heretic and the game crashed. I just emailed George about that one.

Some of this may have to do with using a save from 1.7 in 1.8b4.
NMS
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Looks like the crash was due to this: (msnFailure (msnFind "Pa +unid:&msHereticMaryamsArchive;;")) in the OnScreenInit of the NeurohackComplete screen of stMaryamsArchive. Maybe you loaded an old save so the station existed but you didn't have the mission? Still, msnFailure crashing the game should be fixed.
relanat
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Thanks.
Alandra wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:29 am
Some of this may have to do with using a save from 1.7 in 1.8b4.
That could be true.
The "Freyr-class gunship destroyed" message looks to be related to a bunch of "ERROR: shpOrder attack target already destroyed." debug log entries which occur in groups of 5 or 6. The only thing I can think of is a retaliation event which isn't running correctly because of the mixed versions. Somewhere in a 'playerEntered/LeftSystem' event maybe. That's a guess though.

The side-mounted thing is a bug though. I've reported that. Well spotted. And the info you supplied, game version, mods, playership, etc was really helpful too. Nice one.

I can't understand the mission code in Rigel for the BM station but I did spot another bug while checking it out. Thanks.
Stupid code. Do what I want, not what I typed in!
NMS
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

If you're sure there's an exclamation point in the message, then it seems to be coming from the OnObjDestroyed event of msHereticIocrymAttack. It should only trigger if a station you have a mission from in Heretic is destroyed, but maybe (objGetID aObjDestroyed) and (msnGetData gSource 'targetID) are both Nil for some reason?

If there's no exclamation point, it's probably msCSCRefugeeConvoy instead.
Alandra
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Yes, NMS, there was an exclamation point. I think you're right about it having to do with failed missions in Heretic. Those messages stopped three or four jumps later, IIRC.