Stupidest early game death.

Ask any question about playing and surviving in the Transcendence universe. Newbies welcome!
Levail
Anarchist
Anarchist

Stupidest early game death, huh?

Mine was vs a marauder raid platform and full wing of pirates...while using a mining laser.
Real smart, I know.
Hadn't upgraded my defences either...my freighter didn't really stand a chance. :roll:
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

name="Shane J. Filomena" shipClass="Wolfen-class gunship" genome="1" score="1030"
epitaph="destroyed by Arco Vaughn in the Eridani System"
In a Wolfen ....Now THAT is Stupid :) and I am supposed to know better :( LOL
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

shanejfilomena wrote:
name="Shane J. Filomena" shipClass="Wolfen-class gunship" genome="1" score="1030"
epitaph="destroyed by Arco Vaughn in the Eridani System"
In a Wolfen ....Now THAT is Stupid :) and I am supposed to know better :( LOL

Arco was very angry that day it seems!
DangerousDude
Anarchist
Anarchist

Wolfy wrote:Now why would you do a silly thing like buying unidentified barres? Level 1 barrels are a rip-off. I only go for level 5 or higher.

Roms, well you're forced to put up with the risk of those stupid damaged enhancement roms which damage your stuff. >:( because of the targeting program rom which is hidden there and you are not gauranteed one if you are willing to sacrifice a trading outpost's order ability for one.
I completely agree!

However, I have a technique for unlabeled barrels and roms that I find in loot: ESC-2, and then try it. If good, then just keep going. If bad or un-needed, self-destruct and then sell
I Blew Up The Charon Fortress!
I Beat The Slicer!
Alcatraz
Anarchist
Anarchist

So there i was,In an armour shop in Eridani,my freighter was so slow then. Then i saw those segments of Ultra Light Titanium.
I thought "Hey , if its called "light" maybe my ship would move faster!." I went straight to the nearest centauri outpost and got torn to shreds by a multitude of raiders.
dkedr
Anarchist
Anarchist

I almost killed a station using a howitzer from long range and came in close to finish it, my shields were low but it was on really low life, and I shot at it a few times but it had an asteroid just sticking out of it, so I got a bunch of asteroid debris in the front armor and then it only took two shots from the station to kill me.
ThePrivateer
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I've probably posted on this thread before, but I reckon I lost my first ever game to radioactive waste.

With no money in the account. :cry:

Also, Ferrians. Turns out they don't appreciate my form of 'aggresive mining operations'.
Xanthe V
Miner
Miner

My STUPIDEST early game death was, I ran out of fuel and was out of reach from stations. My ship: Wolfen-class gunship. I entered another stargate, then there was no turning back. I was looking for a station but my fuel was going down too hot... :x
Let's get this show on the road.

By the way, my username on Xelerus is Alfael X. heheheh... ;-)

Stats:

-A pilot of a Stalwart-class gunship

-Fleet Lieutenant of the Commonwealth Fleet

-A new Xelerus user
EditorRUS
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Very fast death.
Start game.
Fly to first Centauri base.
Was been killed by Centauri heavy raider, score: 1 (ONE!)
pip
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Black Market Station
Molotok Hunter
Cluster MAG

I was docked and while messing about inside some Charon guys showed up and started throwing missiles around, and my PD guns started up.

It would be awesome if someone created a little extension which shuts down all your point defence weapons when you're docked, and re-activates them when you undock. :P

Also been killed in Eridani a number of times by Centauri Monitors (not vanilla).
Those dual ballista cannons are painful that early.
TVR
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

pip wrote:... I was docked and while messing about inside some Charon guys showed up and started throwing missiles around, and my PD guns started up. ...
By any chance, were you using the "PDmod" ICX Overhaul?
Fiction is reality, simplified for mass consumption.
PGP: 0x940707ED, 5DB8 4CB4 1EF5 E987 18A0 CD99 3554 3C13 9407 07ED
Bitcoin: 1LLDr7pnZDjXVT5mMDrkqRKkAPByPCQiXQ
pip
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

TVR wrote:By any chance, were you using the "PDmod" ICX Overhaul?
Erm. Yes. Is this bad and do I lose?
TVR
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

pip wrote:
In the PDmod, there's a quick button combo to shut-off PD, "u" followed by "9"; with "u" + "0" to re-enable.

Otherwise, it would be extremely easy to add automatic hold-fire functionality, literally less than 30 seconds, but I was afraid that it would be too automated and would suck the fun out of operating PD. Actual gameplay statistics, however, seem to warrant enabling it by default in the next version.
Fiction is reality, simplified for mass consumption.
PGP: 0x940707ED, 5DB8 4CB4 1EF5 E987 18A0 CD99 3554 3C13 9407 07ED
Bitcoin: 1LLDr7pnZDjXVT5mMDrkqRKkAPByPCQiXQ
FourFire
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

TVR wrote:
pip wrote:
In the PDmod, there's a quick button combo to shut-off PD, "u" followed by "9"; with "u" + "0" to re-enable.

Otherwise, it would be extremely easy to add automatic hold-fire functionality, literally less than 30 seconds, but I was afraid that it would be too automated and would suck the fun out of operating PD. Actual gameplay statistics, however, seem to warrant enabling it by default in the next version.
I second this notion!
(func(Admin Response)= true){
if(admin func(amiable) = true)
Create func(Helpful Posts)
else func(Keep Calm and Post derisive topics)}
pip
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Haha! I didn't even know about the se commands, but even so I'd very likely forget about it after 2 or 3 uses :p

Just added another instance of stupidity while flying a light IAV, dashing toward a Centauri camp through a mess of fighters and the whole volley of cannon rounds bunches up as I accelerate and lands exactly on the station as I fly over it.
Dieing station + light armour + no shields = Oops.