Iyocrym in Heretic

Ask any question about playing and surviving in the Transcendence universe. Newbies welcome!

How is best weapon/strategy do defeat Iycrym commad ship ?
Yugi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

First up; it's called the Iocrym. Secondly; there is no "best" strategy for anything. There are several strategies you can choose from. The following strategy is the one I prefer:

Go to the edge of the system where the Iocrym ship is. Come to a full stop on top of the planet, and wait for the ship to run out of disintegrator ammo. Once it has, stay behind it and fire your Qianlong Archcannon (this is the only weapon that can damaga the Iocrym ship). As long as you stay behind it the Iocrym Commandship cannot fire it's main gun (the Kytryn Plasma gun thingy). Eventually you will destroy it. This may take several times to work, but you'll get the hang of it eventually.
Vasdema
Miner
Miner

Actually, the Qianlong Archcannon is not actually the only weapon that can destroy the Iocrym command ship, but it is the only weapon that can do it unmodified, and it is by far the easiest.

The tactics above work a treat no matter what weapon you are using. But if you don't wish to wait for it to run out of disintegrator ammo, have an ICX equipped and stay at least a finger's width behind the ship so it (the ICX)has time to engage the quantumsphere shell. This tactic is extremely risky without the inertialess drive, as you MUST ride the Iocrym's a... aft the whole time. If you don't have any Longzhu spheres however, read on:

With Domina's Strengthen ability there is a slew of high-tech weapons you can use to defeat the command ship, and it will work in conjunction with a Weapon Enhance ROM for a total bonus of +125%. You basically have to pick a weapon that is doing more damage than the shield is regenerating, and once the shield is down, more damage than the Iocrym Healer (the command ship's self-repair device) is fixing.

Without Domina's Strengthen, the only other weapon that can defeat it - and even then it has to be enhanced with a Weapon Enhance ROM - is the Penitent cannon. Even so, expect the battle to last 30-60 minutes, depending on how good you are at the keyboard.

Good luck, and may Domina be with you.
the_holy_thom
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

If you want to, you can easily mod enhancers like the laser collimator for the bigger weapons, meaning that more should be able to take out the iocrym
Need a mod? Transcendence Mods
Vasdema
Miner
Miner

If you want to, you can easily mod enhancers like the laser collimator for the bigger weapons, meaning that more should be able to take out the iocrym
... and then send the mod to the link at the bottom of Thom's post.

:lol:
goat not sheep
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

you can also use a CPU... and disable the iyocrim. And use the 1/i autons... more targets... plus it has a EMP cannon... for disableing.
>.<
Czert
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

I killed Iocrym with waiting for out of ammo for Desintegrator and then charge on top of ship and firing fusion howitzer with enhancement of damage +20% by ROM and another 100%? by domina.
Charge on top (from back) is very good to avoiding forward fire of ICS.

Of course, this is only for 0.96b I not able to play 0.97 :cry: :cry:
My English, may be poor, but better than yours Czechs.

Do you chalenge me ? But be nice :-)) http://czert1938.mybrute.com
Czert
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

It was 0,96a not b, typo and bad memory. :oops:

Tuberski
Anarchist
Anarchist

Is this disintegrator weapon shooting big white balls at you that seem to track you?

I used a green quantum cube and it transported me to that thing.
Czert
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

[uote="Tuberski"]Is this disintegrator weapon shooting big white balls at you that seem to track you?
.[/quote]

Yes, and in 0.96a can run out of ammo, and in 0.97 I thing too (I never play 0.97 due to technical problem), but have another weapons with unlimited ammo (added in 0.97).

FAD
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

In my last attempt to take out the Iocrym, I used the freighter equipped with the Fusionfire Howitzer-enhanced 100% and a Cnidocyst Cannon-enhanced 75% with over 2000 rounds of ammo (collected by taking out a bunch of Dwarg masters), a Mammoth 100 shield enhanced 60% with a few found and purchased diamond crystals (only 1 trading post in game and I ordered longzhu's...who knew?)
Also equipped with the ICX, the CPU and had a couple Scramble Algorithm's and 3 battle Autons.
Once I was in range, I used the scramble then continued hammering the cacoon with the Fusionfire...dint take long to drop that shield while it was incapacitated due to the scramble. Once shields were down, I'd occasionally switch to the Cnidocyst to assure that the Iocrym remained dissabled then switched back to the Fusionfire to ensue brutal punishment.
Repeated this method until the big tug fell to wasted wreck.
So far, this has been the easiest way to defeat the Iocrym.
Burzmali
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

That's some luck I guess. The Iocrym should be immune to scramble1.5 attacks (aiLevel 6 vs. CyberDefenseLevel 12). Also, it is very resistant to thremo and ion, which makes be wonder how you brought it's shield down... Average damage per second for a Fusionfire howiziter is 90, boosted to 203 by the rom and domina, and reduced to 16 by the Cocoon. Since the Cocoon regens 30 HP per second, and IM/i autons are able to do around 6 damage each a second, it should have taken you a minute and a half to crack the Cocoon.

If it is that easy to disable the Iocrym with a Scramble1.5, George needs to take a look at the CyberDefenseLevel to make sure it is working correctly.