Iyocrym in Heretic

Ask any question about playing and surviving in the Transcendence universe. Newbies welcome!
Burzmali
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

PlayMeNow wrote:Look, when a ship is disabled, everything crashes, including the shield, so you can kill it with even a Hanzo.
objLowerShields drops the target's shields, but objMakeParalyzed just made disables it's weapons and engines. Useless the rules are different for enemy ships, the Iocrym should have still had it's Cocoon up.

See FAD agrees:
FAD wrote: Once I was in range, I used the scramble then continued hammering the cacoon with the Fusionfire...dint take long to drop that shield while it was incapacitated due to the scramble. Once shields were down, I'd occasionally switch to the Cnidocyst to assure that the Iocrym remained dissabled then switched back to the Fusionfire to ensue brutal punishment.
However, he mentions that he had the "Cnidocyst Cannon-enhanced 75%" and since that is impossible given the 0.97 xml, I really can't guess much more about his game.
FAD
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

PlayMeNow wrote:Look, when a ship is disabled, everything crashes, including the shield, so you can kill it with even a Hanzo.
Exactly. My first attempt with the scramble didn't work, it stated no target in range (The Iocrym was in view, however) but once I was practically on top of the Iocrym, the second scramble attempt disabled it. It was then that the cocoon could not regenerate and the Fusionfire took it out pretty quickly. I kept it disabled by switching to the Cnidocyst and capped 10 rounds into it then switched back to the Fusionfire, repeatedly doing so until the Iocrym fell. It was unable to do anything but sit and spin while I kept hammering on it. And the damage the Iocrym initially did to my Mammoth was about 50% depletion before I disabled it-but was fully recharged by the time I killed it.

If the scramble is not supposed to disable the Iocrym, then I agree that George should look into it.
Yugi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Well, the Iocrym Commandship is not eventually meant to be the end boss, so I think the ability to use the scramble cube should stay. There should be one very useful tactic against it. Everything has an achilles' heel (weak point), and this should be the Iocrym's one.
I do, however, belibe that the amount it spends "paralyzed" should be shortened.
Burzmali
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

From your description a level 6 attack program beat a level 12 defense program. That probably should be pretty rare, by my understanding, maybe a 1/36 chance or something. That it's shield could regen is odd too, the player's shield can still regen when you are disabled...
FAD
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Well, I'm not 100% certain the shield couldn't regen while the Iocrym was disabled, but it looked like it couldn't, as its depletion rate increased while the regen rate decreased so it seemed. But then, having the 3 battle Auton's plinking away at it as well may have helped contribute in the overall cocoon depletion.

I do know that an ICX still works whenever a peacefulConstraint is successful against the player-and maybe that will have to be looked into as well.
goat not sheep
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Ok . Here's waht I know from experence. I used like, 8 cubes in order to scramble the iocrym. It has it's shield on. I blew it up with my QAC and had an 1m/i auton continue to EMP it... so it's disabled forever. It died! :D :D :D
>.<
Siegfried
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

So what happens once you kill the Iocrym? Is it game over pretty much unless you want to start a new game or wait for the rest of the game?
Burzmali
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Yup. After you pass through the final stargate, you win, for now.
Nathan
Anarchist
Anarchist

is it possible to steal anything from it?u know loot it cause it would be kidan cool having its weapons
goat not sheep
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

You bet! But saddly, unless you have a mod, your reacter can't surport the great disintergrater and the cocoon. You also can't wear the armour cause it's too heavy. You can however...if you get the 1 gig enhanced reacter, have either the disintergrater(hope for ammo), or a iocrym cocoon(with 200 mw of energy left). Then you will have to hope something undamaged is left 1st too.
>.<
Nathan
Anarchist
Anarchist

darn ):tho i was thinking once u kill it ppl sya restart bu u still have one unfinished assightnment(optional)destroy the commanwealth!!muhahahhahahahahahhaa :twisted: do not let even one live
dvlenk6
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Give George some time :D .
Heretic might be just the beginning of the 'journey to the core'.
I know I certainly hope so.
"War is hell."
-William Tecumseh Sherman
http://dvlenk6.blackraven3d.com/transgals.html
Siegfried
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

dvlenk6 wrote:Give George some time :D .
Heretic might be just the beginning of the 'journey to the core'.
I know I certainly hope so.
Same here ^_^.
Self proclaimed Poofter Extradonaire :D
Nathan
Anarchist
Anarchist

i know im jsut saying instead of jsut starting all over go try and kill every green dot u can find start at st katherines the jewel of the commonwealth
goat not sheep
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Good like killing the stargates and the becans...and maximus.:D
>.<