Some Questions

Ask any question about playing and surviving in the Transcendence universe. Newbies welcome!
regroch
Anarchist
Anarchist

1. Why wont the black market let me in? I havent killed any of their guys, or any of the green guys, or anything like that. I havent shot at them once, why wont they let me in?
2. I went to a hotel, went to the restaurant and got in, talked to the guy, he said he wanted fusion triggers. Without thinking, i said i didnt have any, when I did. I heard that giving the guy what he wants gets you a black market id, and now none of the restaurants will let me in, even though ive got a lot of illegal stuff in my hold.
3. How can I edit a .sav file without it stopping working? and tdb files? I have used a hex editor and an xml editor on them, with as much success as notepad; none.
4. How can I stop the corporate cruiser coming after me if I blew up an auton store??
5. (last one) How do I make mods work with the new version of transcendence? The one I want to use is (i beleive) 98b, code and where to place? Thanks, sorry for all the noob questions >.<
Betelgeuse
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

regroch wrote:1. Why wont the black market let me in? I havent killed any of their guys, or any of the green guys, or anything like that. I havent shot at them once, why wont they let me in?
2. I went to a hotel, went to the restaurant and got in, talked to the guy, he said he wanted fusion triggers. Without thinking, i said i didnt have any, when I did. I heard that giving the guy what he wants gets you a black market id, and now none of the restaurants will let me in, even though ive got a lot of illegal stuff in my hold.
3. How can I edit a .sav file without it stopping working? and tdb files? I have used a hex editor and an xml editor on them, with as much success as notepad; none.
4. How can I stop the corporate cruiser coming after me if I blew up an auton store??
5. (last one) How do I make mods work with the new version of transcendence? The one I want to use is (i beleive) 98b, code and where to place? Thanks, sorry for all the noob questions >.<
1. You need a black market ID to do business with the black market.
2. No helping it. You just need to remember next time you play a new game. The game is meant to be played many times.
3. No editing sav or tdb files. You can edit xml files. Look in the shipyards to help you with that.
4. You don't, but you can kill the cruiser with some work.
5. Most mods for older version will still work for the current version as long as they are not transcendence.xml
Crying is not a proper retort!
regroch
Anarchist
Anarchist

1. Is there any other way than the hotel to get a black market id?
2. So I only get the one chance at it?
3. k :(
4. So there is no way to "(objSetData gPlayerShip "commonCrime" Nil)" without the wand in debug mode? I found the bribe mod but it didnt work for me.
5. What could be stopping them from working?
Betelgeuse
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

1. Sometimes you find black market ID randomly. They are marked unidentified but still work.
4. Yes it would still work in a mod I was talking about a normal game. Just a warning though the corp cruiser doesn't care about your crimes (there are other punishments for that) it just cares about the one station you destroyed.
5. I would have to see the mod itself to say for sure but I can't think of any reason why a mod that worked in .98b wouldn't work in the current version.
Crying is not a proper retort!
FAD
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

regroch wrote:5. (last one) How do I make mods work with the new version of transcendence? The one I want to use is (i beleive) 98b, code and where to place?
You must have a sub-folder called "Extensions" (without the quotes) placed inside the root folder where the Transcendence files are. Place all mod files (including any image/sound files) in the Extensions folder.

If that is already done, perhaps you should post all error messages you've received, if any.
Desolator
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

As well as a copy of debug.log.