Your favorite early high-level drops...

Ask any question about playing and surviving in the Transcendence universe. Newbies welcome!
(name here)
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

New one for me, just got it right now: Flenser in the first warlords station I found.
Little Modder
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Hm.....Penitent cannon in 2rd system from an charon cache!
If you cannot say something nice about somebody, you better don't say anything.
-Don't believe me?!? Check it out!! (not recommended)
Wurmish
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Just found a shiny Dual Flenser in Groombridge among illegal miners.
After getting far enough to install it, I <3 Flensers now.
My first mod, mostly done, still balance testing.
http://xelerus.de/index.php?s=mod&id=789
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Little Modder wrote:Hm.....Penitent cannon in 2rd system from an charon cache!
Not bad......it'll last a while, I suppose.

Unless they've been massively buffed since earlier RCs, they're not exactly overwhelming.

But better than dual-laser, I suppose. :D
Mischievous local moderator. She/Her pronouns.
Blitz
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Well, the best thing that's happened to me recently was finding 3 plates of advanced ceralloy (level VII) in eridani. I know, not all that rare and yes, it's not exactly a "drop", but I mined my ass off in eridani and ended up buying all of those + reactive armor coat...and level 5 blast plate with ablative... I didn't spend anything else on armor till like a few systems after St.Ks, when I ran into a huari destroyer and got blown up...
Psycholis
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

this latest game (RC7) i found a nova 100 in system 3. there's a flip side to that. after i got that reactor, i couldn't get another reactor until jiang's star gate. :( and guess what reactor shows up in jiangs? hyperion baby. good times.
Blitz
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

I avoid hyperions sometimes till I can find a place to refuel them or till I find some Pternacium fuel rods .... those are annoying to refuel early on.
Psycholis
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

i have so much pteracnium this game, i don't think i need to worry for a while. ventari base next to a CSC = good times.
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Psycholis wrote:i have so much pteracnium this game, i don't think i need to worry for a while. ventari base next to a CSC = good times.
I had an Adventure Outfitters a wee way from a Kobol Station........a sector or two into Ares territory.....while nuking some Ranx/Dwarg/Ares/Whatever...I got the 'Security Alert! Deploy Corporate Enforcer!" message.......and used a GoC to get to the Outfitters, loot the intact stuff, and nuke the Kobol with my Hanzo + accelerator + Bushido + some Longzhus.......before the Cruiser arrived. Nice money from the other outfitters in the sector! :D
Psycholis
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

follow up on this current game. i didn't upgrade from my omni-turbo until pt. juno! finally bit the bullet and got an akan 600 because the last 3 systems have had swarms of ranx. teraton nests showing up, but no shipyard. 3 CSCs so far, but haven't accepted any missions. i notice that the akan 600 has trouble tracking fast moving targets because of the slow projectile speed. had to sideline and get a SN2500 because i couldn't wait the 220000 credits for the hyperion in jiang's. now that the CSCs are showing up, maybe i can get an enhanced koshiba with all the heliotrope things i've been saving. very interesting run through this time.

edit: also, i've been getting a chance to try the full omsk set. heavy omsk + mark ii works quite well even in deep ares territory. a 400 HP shield for 100 mw that regenerates faster than the mammoth is a pretty good deal.
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Psycholis wrote:follow up on this current game. i didn't upgrade from my omni-turbo until pt. juno! finally bit the bullet and got an akan 600 because the last 3 systems have had swarms of ranx. teraton nests showing up, but no shipyard. 3 CSCs so far, but haven't accepted any missions. i notice that the akan 600 has trouble tracking fast moving targets because of the slow projectile speed. had to sideline and get a SN2500 because i couldn't wait the 220000 credits for the hyperion in jiang's. now that the CSCs are showing up, maybe i can get an enhanced koshiba with all the heliotrope things i've been saving. very interesting run through this time.

edit: also, i've been getting a chance to try the full omsk set. heavy omsk + mark ii works quite well even in deep ares territory. a 400 HP shield for 100 mw that regenerates faster than the mammoth is a pretty good deal.
You tried enhancing the heck out of it? Or using reflector crystals?

I'm currently just in Ares territory..with an Osaka. Got REALLY lucky, and found some P-450 hexphase, and Dyon Dust. Spawned myself a Trenton, because I've never used one before.......it's great! :D
Psycholis
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

is this considered an early high level? i haven't even encountered ares yet.. this is one system before jiang's and still in sung space.
Salvagebot 1.0
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Duralloy armor is fairly easy to get very cheaply in the first 2-3 systems, especially with a Tinker available.

It's excellent armor, self-repairing so it costs nothing to maintain, strong against laser and kinetic, it'll do all the way to St. K.
Prophet
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I just found a full set of heavy meteorsteel at an armor dealer in the 2nd system. Took every bit of trading to scrounge up the creds to buy and install it but now I'm nearly indestructable!

A cannon accelerator and dual flenser added to the mix makes the first half of the arena a cake walk.
Coming soon: The Syrtian War adventure mod!
A Turret defense genre mod exploring the worst era in Earth's history.
Can you defend the Earth from the Syrtian invaders?
Stay tuned for updates!
Androgeos
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

I looted an ICX Missile Defense turret in the second system a few days ago while play-testing a player ship WIP. Although that was not a proper run of the game, it still remains the highest level device that I've found in the first two systems that I like the most.
[10:42] <Katami> TTECH: IT SEYS "ONCE YOU ENTAR A EYSTEM HAHAHAHAAHH~~~!~~~!<3<3<3
[10:42] <Katami> ~ROLLL 1D100 L0LL0LL0LL0LHAHHAHHAH!~!!~~:-):-):-)