fuel shortage!

Ask any question about playing and surviving in the Transcendence universe. Newbies welcome!
section6
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

im in a few systems past st kitts (sanctuary) and i can not find any more FUEL! i need the specail helium sticks, ive bought out all the places in st kitts now im out i cant go on long voyages or attack runs!

also what do i got some noob ship following me?

ps. (where can i get a 200 mw reactor)
section6
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

thats preet hard can you give a few system names what have tradeing posts. i used my closest one to get a 150 mw reactor
Yugi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

PlayMeNow wrote:You know, everything except few things are randomly generated in Transcendence, so it's about luck. Good luck!
In case you can't tell, he means that every system, except for a few are randomnly generated, along with the names assigned to them. For example, in one game you could have the Synjax system two or three past the starting star system (Eridani), and in your next game it could be the 10th or so system and have completely different celestial bodies (planets, stars), races and stations.
Betelgeuse
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

now thats not right Yugimotomanager every time you find a system of a certain name it will have a certain level and even will always be in the same spot. (in the network not always the same number system)
Crying is not a proper retort!
FAD
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Gotta love it. The game is never the same and as it should be in space, one is always at risk. Like trying to find fuel, same goes with reloadable weapons-Ammo...It's a chance of luck! So try to buy, find and scavenge early for things you will need later on.
And of course, if your ship can handle a few installable items, try to find and install a solar panel or three and hover around stars for fuel. Can also take your chances with photo-cell armor as well, for fuel-abilities.

Here's a trick when using solar- As of the current version, you can "park" your ship directly over a star and disable all power-sucking items such as weapons, enhancers and shields soto allow the solars to refuel a little quicker. You can't get harmed because the star takes the blunt of any attacker. The downside to this is those respawning ships that hound you will start to gather in numbers if you stay too long and you'll have to fight them off when you leave the star. And be sure to reactivate everything you disabled else you'll quickly become a scavenge-able wreck yourself.

Loot everything! You may be able to keep a good supply of fuel by looting wrecks.

Cut down on fuel consumption by disabling certain items you don't always use such as Howitzers. Enable them when needed-disable them when not.
section6
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

its hard to cut down on fuel though

its hard to find them when you cant use helium sticks
Burzmali
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

You should be using Helium Assemblies and up if you are pass St. K's.
Frits
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Did you upgrade the reactor to 50, or better yet 100?
section6
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

i said when i CANT use the helium sticks

anyway whats the list in order of the best fuels
Frits
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

There's bound to be a system in your game that generates Huari destroyers, they carry the pteracnium rods. I think you need to destroy at least 20. If you really see no way to get fuel the only sure choice i can think of is go back to downgrade your ship. The idea alone feels blasphemous i know. :lol: