Stupidest early game death.

Ask any question about playing and surviving in the Transcendence universe. Newbies welcome!
asam3
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Stupid game deaths.

Autopilot and ran straight into an enemy station(normally charon, since they got shields down powers. also, huari)

Commonwealth: Decontamination payment please?
Me: @#$! I only got 235 here.
Commonwealth: Then die!

Attacking a sung slaver, I hit a molotok stationed at a tempus lab. After killing them(I'm smart to run into the nearest friendly station and have them killed by the docked ships, there was three of them) I destroyed the tempus lab. Now after that everytime I go to a black market, Lord Mikho kills me, how sad.

Playing arena(And finishing it) with only an DK1 albarest cannon (+fast) and an R1 deflector. Suicides and deaths ensured.

My second run through the game, I got like 2 million+ cash and only a few rins. Already killed like tons of those giant ares ships that beams a laser thing that would kill me in three shots. After that I got to point juno, finished the mission, and then got to another galaxy. Then I heard about CSC antartica(I think) which betrayed the military. Was told that it was better off destroyed... so when I saw it I destroyed it immediately... And got killed by the military on sight. Was my saddest death(downfall) in my transcendence history.

Another decontamination problem, just happened before my current game, I got decontaminated with no CW station to remedy me, not even domina can help. So I got frantic, three galaxies back and still no CW station. In fear I used a halo gem to teleport to Tan.du.rem... And then the timer runs... 10... 9... 8... 7... 6... 5... 4... 3... 2... St. Kath's stargate! Spammed 'G' then 1.

I died. And everytime I load the game, I die. I got really pissed off everytime I load the game and it says, 1. Died off radiation thingy in St. katharine's star system.
I tried everything that can help me. Sustain, Defend, Halo gem to stop time, but none work. Maybe the 'H' skill from domina can help, but I think it was down at that time.

And here I am playing the game agian.
Encrypting messages into optical arrays, one cube at a time...

E5DCM-I921G-7R1E3 - A beta code for some game. Might want to ask me back at it's original site for the correct one though. Better be fast, not that patient here.

I'll be observing from afar.
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

asam3 wrote:Stupid game deaths.

Autopilot and ran straight into an enemy station(normally charon, since they got shields down powers. also, huari)

Commonwealth: Decontamination payment please?
Me: @#$! I only got 235 here.
Commonwealth: Then die!

Attacking a sung slaver, I hit a molotok stationed at a tempus lab. After killing them(I'm smart to run into the nearest friendly station and have them killed by the docked ships, there was three of them) I destroyed the tempus lab. Now after that everytime I go to a black market, Lord Mikho kills me, how sad.

Playing arena(And finishing it) with only an DK1 albarest cannon (+fast) and an R1 deflector. Suicides and deaths ensured.

My second run through the game, I got like 2 million+ cash and only a few rins. Already killed like tons of those giant ares ships that beams a laser thing that would kill me in three shots. After that I got to point juno, finished the mission, and then got to another galaxy. Then I heard about CSC antartica(I think) which betrayed the military. Was told that it was better off destroyed... so when I saw it I destroyed it immediately... And got killed by the military on sight. Was my saddest death(downfall) in my transcendence history.

Another decontamination problem, just happened before my current game, I got decontaminated with no CW station to remedy me, not even domina can help. So I got frantic, three galaxies back and still no CW station. In fear I used a halo gem to teleport to Tan.du.rem... And then the timer runs... 10... 9... 8... 7... 6... 5... 4... 3... 2... St. Kath's stargate! Spammed 'G' then 1.

I died. And everytime I load the game, I die. I got really pissed off everytime I load the game and it says, 1. Died off radiation thingy in St. katharine's star system.
I tried everything that can help me. Sustain, Defend, Halo gem to stop time, but none work. Maybe the 'H' skill from domina can help, but I think it was down at that time.

And here I am playing the game agian.

he just kills you? You must not have enough cash to bribe him then.
asam3
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Ttech wrote:

he just kills you? You must not have enough cash to bribe him then.
I didn't know that.
Last edited by asam3 on Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

E5DCM-I921G-7R1E3 - A beta code for some game. Might want to ask me back at it's original site for the correct one though. Better be fast, not that patient here.

skaianDestiny
Miner
Miner

For the Antartica, you have to receive the mission from Admiral Decker (CSC Terra). Once you find the Antartica, you can dock with it, promting two choices: save it, or destroy it. As for the radiation, yeah, don't go through stargates unless you're really sure there's a Commenwealth station. I got that trouble once near Charon I think.
ThePrivateer
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Ouch. Nasty deaths there asam3.
asam3 wrote:used a halo gem to teleport to Tan.du.rem...
^^ Just so you know, the system is called "Elysium." It's the station that's called Tan Ru Dorem. 8-)
asam3
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

ThePrivateer wrote:Ouch. Nasty deaths there asam3.
asam3 wrote:used a halo gem to teleport to Tan.du.rem...
^^ Just so you know, the system is called "Elysium." It's the station that's called Tan Ru Dorem. 8-)
Lol I'm not good with memorizing names and I don't really use the halo gem to teleport there alot so...

blizgerg
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

asam3 wrote: Lol I'm not good with memorizing names and I don't really use the halo gem to teleport there alot so...
There are other, more repeatable ways of getting there. By mid late game I go to Elysium very often, using it as the place to store things. I keep the halo gems as an emergency run away tool.

Stupidest death? I assume by early game meaning before St.k. The most stupid that I can think of was when I was first playing the game back in version 0.97 or so, and in that version the Charon system had a Commonwealth station near the entry stargate and hoards of Charon pirates would swarm out of it every minute or so and the guards around the station would kill them all. So I was sitting merrily harvesting stuff from the wrecks and using a morning star to clean them up and low, but a few stray shots hit the station and next thing I know killed by the defenders. :) This just happened to be the very first time I played the game.
Silly on #transcendence
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

blizgerg wrote:
asam3 wrote: Lol I'm not good with memorizing names and I don't really use the halo gem to teleport there alot so...
There are other, more repeatable ways of getting there. By mid late game I go to Elysium very often, using it as the place to store things. I keep the halo gems as an emergency run away tool.

Stupidest death? I assume by early game meaning before St.k. The most stupid that I can think of was when I was first playing the game back in version 0.97 or so, and in that version the Charon system had a Commonwealth station near the entry stargate and hoards of Charon pirates would swarm out of it every minute or so and the guards around the station would kill them all. So I was sitting merrily harvesting stuff from the wrecks and using a morning star to clean them up and low, but a few stray shots hit the station and next thing I know killed by the defenders. :) This just happened to be the very first time I played the game.
Oh right! WIth a jump drive I always use it as storage because nobody else loots there.
josh19967
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

I play Permadeath:
So I go into a system, then my antivirus shows a Critical Alert, disrupting my controls. So I try to get rid of that, while my ship flies right into a Kobol Warlord Camp...

I immediately get CREAMED :x
I really don't care if I get my hair cut... *snip* NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!
Chase
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Ouch. Same thing happened with me only with centauri on the first level.
Faaz los frul, moro los mafaeraak. Chicks osgor skein. c:
blizgerg
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

In the latest versions of windows some of the accessibility options are enabled by default. One of these option is sticky keys and one way of bringing up the dialog is through tapping the shift key 5 times in a row. Need I say more? Suffice to say, I turned that off pretty quick...
Silly on #transcendence
Aury
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Somewhere in the Frontier on a Hycrotan station, working on new ships.

I hate those things.
I have the reg keys to disable them stored in my "new computer.reg" file :D (along with lots of other tweaks I've made)
(shpOrder gPlayership 'barrelRoll)
(plySetGenome gPlayer (list 'Varalyn 'nonBinary))
Homelab Servers: Xeon Silver 4110, 16GB | Via Quadcore C4650, 16GB | Athlon 200GE, 8GB | i7 7800X, 32GB | Threadripper 1950X, 32GB | Atom x5 8350, 4GB | Opteron 8174, 16GB | Xeon E5 2620 v3, 8GB | 2x Xeon Silver 4116, 96GB, 2x 1080ti | i7 8700, 32GB, 6500XT
Workstations & Render machines: Threadripper 3990X, 128GB, 6900XT | Threadripper 2990WX, 32GB, 1080ti | Xeon Platinum 8173M, 48GB, 1070ti | R9 3900X, 16GB, Vega64 | 2x E5 2430L v2, 24GB, 970 | R7 3700X, 32GB, A6000
Gaming Systems: R9 5950X, 32GB, 6700XT
Office Systems: Xeon 5318Y, 256GB, A4000
Misc Systems: R5 3500U, 20GB | R5 2400G, 16GB | i5 7640X, 16GB, Vega56 | E5 2620, 8GB, R5 260 | P4 1.8ghz, 0.75GB, Voodoo 5 5500 | Athlon 64 x2 4400+, 1.5GB, FX 5800 Ultra | Pentium D 3.2ghz, 4GB, 7600gt | Celeron g460, 8GB, 730gt | 2x Athlon FX 74, 8GB, 8800gts 512 | FX 9590, 16GB, R9 295x2 | E350, 8GB | Phenom X4 2.6ghz, 16GB, 8800gt | random core2 duo/atom/i5/i7 laptops
alterecco
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Wolfy wrote: I have the reg keys to disable them stored in my "new computer.reg" file :D (along with lots of other tweaks I've made)
Hey!. Why did I never think of that!

Brilliant
mtirchick
Anarchist
Anarchist

Self-destructing for stupid reasons... :lol:
New things interest me.
rincewind
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

My stupidest early game death was running out of fuel and as I hit the self destruct button the wife says look at the gross house Niecy F'N Nash has to clean. Hit save game instead. And although it wouldn't be early game I took out a ferian colony and boogied over to a fortress and sat on top waiting for it to do the dirty work. I was right on top as the ferians overan and blew commonwealth fortress up my booty.