Making cash post St. Kats?

Ask any question about playing and surviving in the Transcendence universe. Newbies welcome!
asam3
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Curudan wrote:
asam3 wrote:The transport to stargates would be the best missions since it would help you to get easy cash cause it's only a one way trip.
Never do the one way trip missions. Always do the two way missions.

All Korolov missions give you "Korolov XP" an invisible variable that tracks your progress to the next level, and two way missions give you more XP. Furthermore, all stations have a limited number of missions available, a random number that is determined when the station is initialized.

So, there will not always be enough stations to get the class V deflector unless you only do the two way missions; sometimes there won't even be enough for that.
Ohh... Also, it's possible to get varying mission rewards(money value) in every different game. So suiciding to get the most out of Korolov... might be an option also. Plus those empty cargo also drops different items in different games so... you could suicide and wait for them to get good loot too. The ships and stations doesn't change loot AFAIK. maybe they add one or two weapons but the loot stays the same IIRC.

Oh, and with that not enough missions guy,

Two Korolov stations is enough to give you the class V deflector(I did 15 missions with Korolov and got the deflector). Just don't kill alot of those Kronosaurus like ships and you'll be fine. Yes it's possible to survive them with good gear. In my case, it wasn't good gear, but patience perhaps? I only got a DK1 Arbalest Cannon(+fast) and a NAMI missle launcher at that time, With an R1 deflector(+50%). With enough patience(and tons of suicide) it's a viable option.

Also, noobtip, "DON'T" offer alot of things to domina early in the game just to contemplate, she won't give you her blessings before St. Kath's(or is it a bug?). I suddenly remembered why I can't buy any decent weapon or shield, it's because I keep buying random medical stuff and cancer dust to offer to domina just to get her skills early in the game. It's quite sad(or maybe it's just a balance option) that it's not possible to get them early in the game, wasted alot of my money for that.

Oh, one more thing,

Only sell military equipment to the black market seeing as they're the ones who pay the biggest out of them. Try and check it out.
Encrypting messages into optical arrays, one cube at a time...

E5DCM-I921G-7R1E3 - A beta code for some game. Might want to ask me back at it's original site for the correct one though. Better be fast, not that patient here.

I'll be observing from afar.
Curudan
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Offering items to Domina affects two different variables, your Domina relation, and your Sisters of Domina relation. Luxury goods, medical goods, food, and fuel will make the sisters like you more, but Domina could care less. There are only a few specific items that will raise your Domina relationship; slave coffins, halo gems, CDM archives, Abasid thanograms, death cubes, hierolith crystals, carved prayer stones, jewels of contemplation, and optical knowledge arrays.

Also, I said that two Korolov stations is usually enough. The amount of missions you get is mostly random and it is possible to fail to reach the class V with even three stations.

And you don't need to suicide to get new Korolov missions, either. Only accepted missions count against the mission limit, and new missions come every time another freighter docks.
asam3
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Curudan wrote:Offering items to Domina affects two different variables, your Domina relation, and your Sisters of Domina relation. Luxury goods, medical goods, food, and fuel will make the sisters like you more, but Domina could care less. There are only a few specific items that will raise your Domina relationship; slave coffins, halo gems, CDM archives, Abasid thanograms, death cubes, hierolith crystals, carved prayer stones, jewels of contemplation, and optical knowledge arrays.
I was saying that if you contemplate to domina and says that she urges you to go to the core, you should get a skill right? Early game, you get none. No matter how many times it occurs.
Curudan wrote:And you don't need to suicide to get new Korolov missions, either. Only accepted missions count against the mission limit, and new missions come every time another freighter docks.
I was saying the price could increase and the missions could be easier(different stations to deliver to) if you suicide often. I get ranges from 600 up to 5000 in doing so. The 5000 only occured once, but it was hard so...

E5DCM-I921G-7R1E3 - A beta code for some game. Might want to ask me back at it's original site for the correct one though. Better be fast, not that patient here.

Curudan
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

asam3 wrote:
Curudan wrote:Offering items to Domina affects two different variables, your Domina relation, and your Sisters of Domina relation. Luxury goods, medical goods, food, and fuel will make the sisters like you more, but Domina could care less. There are only a few specific items that will raise your Domina relationship; slave coffins, halo gems, CDM archives, Abasid thanograms, death cubes, hierolith crystals, carved prayer stones, jewels of contemplation, and optical knowledge arrays.
I was saying that if you contemplate to domina and says that she urges you to go to the core, you should get a skill right? Early game, you get none. No matter how many times it occurs.
Contemplating has nothing to do with gaining new Domina powers. The only way to get new powers is to donate some of the items I listed in my previous post, few to none of which are available in the early game.
ThePrivateer
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Curudan wrote:
asam3 wrote:
Contemplating has nothing to do with gaining new Domina powers. The only way to get new powers is to donate some of the items I listed in my previous post, few to none of which are available in the early game.
Domina is a wily little god to please. I wasted heaps of cash when I first played the game, trying to apease "domina", only to find out it was really only the Sisters who were happy.

That said, pleasing the Sisters has it's benefits - if you donate/tithe enough to them, they will then allow you to have free fuel and they'll repair your armour for you.

Of course, pleasing domina gets you the Domina powers, but I won't list them here - it's best to find out on your own. :)
asam3
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Curudan wrote:
asam3 wrote:
Then what's the point of contemplating?

Roleplay... I get it. So that's why I get alot of domina powers from slave coffins...

Also,
asam3 wrote:And I'm not yet checking out if I can kill Kronosaurus cause I'm like 16 galaxies in the game already, and Korolov appeared at the 2nd-3rd I think.
So I got bored and checked out a Korolov Shipping drydock, and surprise! I already killed Kronosaurus long ago, maybe long enough that I haven't reached St. Kath's yet... So now Volkov is with me... :D

I wonder if his wife's ship already turned into space confetti?

Edit: Yeap, Kronosaurus is standing infront of the soon-to-open Korolov Shipping drydock in the Charon star system... <_<
Last edited by asam3 on Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:03 am, edited 4 times in total.

ThePrivateer
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

asam3 wrote:
Contemplating will give you random benefits - like revealing the stargate, naming all unknown stations etc.
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

ThePrivateer wrote:
asam3 wrote:
Contemplating will give you random benefits - like revealing the stargate, naming all unknown stations etc.

its also fun to try new things in the game, e.g. teratons because you NEVER know what you'll find. Plus Domina plays fun parts in the HEretic (spoiler)
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

The point of contemplation is that of a newbie trap. Contemplation can yield a slight boost of XP (by 10 or 20), but it is so little (compared to donating items), and the other possible boons are so minor that contemplation is not worth lowering the Sisters' attitude. Attitude points are much better spent on Pilgram's Aid and emergency decontamination.

Teratons are fun because their fabricators are overpowered.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.
ThePrivateer
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

PM wrote: [snip] and emergency decontamination. [snip]
I didn't think the sisters give you decontamination....they've never given it to me, that is. :oops:
asam3
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

ThePrivateer wrote:
I didn't think the sisters give you decontamination....they've never given it to me, that is. :oops:
They've given it to me I think thrice now.

ThePrivateer
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

asam3 wrote:
ThePrivateer wrote:
I guess they never liked me enough....TBH I don't bother much with them. :|
asam3
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

ThePrivateer wrote:
asam3 wrote:
ThePrivateer wrote:
I guess they never liked me enough....TBH I don't bother much with them. :|
I gave them like a hundred followers and they won't decontaminate my ship? *(&# them.

Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

The sisters decontaminating your ship depends on how much you've given, and few other things. Also they won't always do it- especially if you have had them decontaminate your ship.
ShadowoftheSun
Anarchist
Anarchist

I was doing a bunch of Korolov missions to get some money and work my way up to the Class V...

...and I killed the Kronosaurus in my THIRD SYSTEM IN.

So I ended up not getting the class V and got Volkov instead.
a well dressed man
arms at the sides
has the proper measurements
cuffs just below the wrists
a well dressed man
has some very strict
ideas