HEEEELP

Ask any question about playing and surviving in the Transcendence universe. Newbies welcome!
Clear Air Turbulence
Closed Account
Closed Account

Revolver wrote:have you tried duct tape?
This gives rise for an interesting suggestion; any thoughts on having an "autoloader" device that allows you to swap a weapons without the help of a station?
This would make the freighter the best ship by far, as one of it's only disadvantages is that you can't have a variety of weapons. A freighter with an "autoloader" could carry every damage type in the game and use them at will.
Clear Air Turbulence
Closed Account
Closed Account

You gotta be careful about destroying friendly stations in this game. I destroyed a Ringer station, looted it, then found out I can't go to ANY ringer station afterwards (it makes sense, but I wasn't expecting ringers in other systems to care). Later, there was a energy weapons store that wouldn't let me dock after a bit too much friendly fire (forgot to turn off my ICX turret before parking on top of it), so I blew it up. I was at the next station when the corporate cruiser came and killed everyone at that station as well as the station, then got me after a brief chase. Luckily I hadn't saved on that one, but when I blew up the ringer station I saved when I left the system.

BTW, Ringers can be killed without terribly fancy weapons. I have a fusionfire howitzer that was able to do enough damage to wear one down, did about 4 points of damage a shot, 2 of which was healed before the next shot came.