I'm stuck!

Ask any question about playing and surviving in the Transcendence universe. Newbies welcome!
Jyohomson
Anarchist
Anarchist

i just completed st. kat but then i dont know what to do now?
i tried to go to the outer systems but soon i found the gem of despair and i got lost
any help?
blizgerg
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Sounds like your in Ellysium, wonder around and there should be some stargates that have names on the (m)ap that should get you back to somewhere that you are familiar with....
Silly on #transcendence
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

If indeed your in Elyssium go to each stargate and dock with it, do not gate through. When you find the SK gate, go through it. :)
ThePrivateer
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Jyohomson wrote:i just completed st. kat but then i dont know what to do now?
i tried to go to the outer systems but soon i found the gem of despair and i got lost
any help?
Gem of Despair? And then your ship was taken away by some kind of purplish explosion, like the one you get when you go through a regular staragate? That sounds like you have gone to Elysium.

Elysium is a system that links to other star systems - from Eridani, all the way to the end-game system, Heretic.

Resist the urge to jump ahead, as you will get destroyed instantly if you go too far ahead. Find the stargate to St. Katherine and go through it. Use your [M]ap to see the stargate names and you should be outta there in no time! :D
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

When you first go to Elysium you don't know what stargates go to what, and you don't really (especially first time) know what the far systems are. :)
ThePrivateer
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Ttech wrote:When you first go to Elysium you don't know what stargates go to what, and you don't really (especially first time) know what the far systems are. :)
I admit, the first time I found Elysium, that really threw me. I thought "I'll just go one system past St.Kat's" and ended up about three or four systems away from St Kats and promptly got eviscerated by some Dwargs. :(
Drako Slyith
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer
Location: Researching how to make St. Kats star go supernova.

Personally, I chose to head strait to heretic. With an X-ray. With a mammoth 25 shield. Not the best result. This was in .96, so I flew strait to the Iocrym. It was a slightly one sided battle. I fled back a system. Then met Mr. Phobos. Even worse than the Iocrym.
Play in over 100 systems in a network. Play the 2011 Mod Of the Year
and the highest rated mod on Xelerus, The Network.
Play the July Mod of the Month, Fellow Pilgrims!
Play My other mods as well
(Drako Slyith)* I am a person
(Eliza chatbot)> Do you believe it is normal to be a person?
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Drako Slyith wrote:Personally, I chose to head strait to heretic. With an X-ray. With a mammoth 25 shield. Not the best result. This was in .96, so I flew strait to the Iocrym. It was a slightly one sided battle. I fled back a system. Then met Mr. Phobos. Even worse than the Iocrym.
Whoa thats daring there, even when I did that, I went backyards I didn't dare take on anything end game related because I knew my level 1 weapons would not save me, however I was unaware that I could not escape through the stargates either.
Jyohomson
Anarchist
Anarchist

Thanks guys!
could you also recommend a configuration just after saint kats..
and how do you get a black market ID!!!!
last request
could you upload any sav file that has completed all levels and in the galactic core!!
Drako Slyith
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer
Location: Researching how to make St. Kats star go supernova.

A good configuration after st Kat I'd say would have a 100MW reactor, at least an R1 shield or better, a weapon depends on what ship you have, but probably dealing at least 50-75 damage per second (Take damage, multiply by shots per second, if it's dual, multiply by number of shots) You probably want either a smuggler's cargo hold or a cargo hold expansion. Armor should probably have at least 100 hp and have some resistance to particle and blast. If you're in the freighter or yacht, you'll probably want a propulsion upgrade.

To get a black market ID you have to either loot it from the T-31 freighters or an outlaw haven, or bring illegals to a hotel station.

The game only goes to the edge of Human space now. We have to wait till version 1.5 to get get past human space, and right now we are at version 1.04, so it'll be a long but worth-while wait.
Play in over 100 systems in a network. Play the 2011 Mod Of the Year
and the highest rated mod on Xelerus, The Network.
Play the July Mod of the Month, Fellow Pilgrims!
Play My other mods as well
(Drako Slyith)* I am a person
(Eliza chatbot)> Do you believe it is normal to be a person?
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Jyohomson wrote:Thanks guys!
could you also recommend a configuration just after saint kats..
and how do you get a black market ID!!!!
last request
could you upload any sav file that has completed all levels and in the galactic core!!
I haven't managed to beat the game recently, however the Galatic Core once you reach it for right now simply just shows an end game screen.
Wurmish
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Hehe, the first time I found Elysium...

"Cool, there's a bunch of gates that go to a bunch of systems! Ohhh Heretic, that sounds really cool. Wait... Eridani, Rigel, St. Kat's... these are in ORDER, which means Heretic is last! Probably shouldn't do that... I bet these link to really far out gates in each of these systems! I'll start with Eridani!"
-poof, pop-
"What. FML."
My first mod, mostly done, still balance testing.
http://xelerus.de/index.php?s=mod&id=789
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Wurmish wrote:Hehe, the first time I found Elysium...

"Cool, there's a bunch of gates that go to a bunch of systems! Ohhh Heretic, that sounds really cool. Wait... Eridani, Rigel, St. Kat's... these are in ORDER, which means Heretic is last! Probably shouldn't do that... I bet these link to really far out gates in each of these systems! I'll start with Eridani!"
-poof, pop-
"What. FML."
Officially thought about that way to much. I just picked a random one much like a roulette wheel, but in your case you were safe and could rank up.