Dvalin question

Ask any question about playing and surviving in the Transcendence universe. Newbies welcome!
Chase
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

I am probably pissing you guys off with all my questions, rest assured this is probably my last one for a while.

Is there anything else that dvalin gives you after the ion9 cannon?
Faaz los frul, moro los mafaeraak. Chicks osgor skein. c:
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Chase wrote:I am probably pissing you guys off with all my questions, rest assured this is probably my last one for a while.

Your not pissing anyone off asking questions, the fact that you are asking means you are interested in the community which is an important part of any place like this. If you feel your asking too many questions on the forums (which you are not) you can always get on the Transcendence Chat and say hi and ask away.

You can get the ion9, and special armor however past that there is nothing really that you can get. So your at your limit, I don't have the lisp for that right now but the table is stored in the game xml if your ever curious
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

No, ion9 cannon is the final gift from Dvalin.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.
ThePrivateer
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Ttech wrote:
Chase wrote:I am probably pissing you guys off with all my questions, rest assured this is probably my last one for a while.

Your not pissing anyone off asking questions, the fact that you are asking means you are interested in the community which is an important part of any place like this. If you feel your asking too many questions on the forums (which you are not) you can always get on the Transcendence Chat and say hi and ask away.
I back Ttech up on this one. Forums are a place to ask questions and have them answered- by asking so many questions, you are indeed proving you are interested in Transcendence. Furthermore, the information you learn now, will help later on when a new person comes along and asks the same question.

Thus goes the circle of forum life. >.>
Chase
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Thank you very much guys, sorry that i said that, i dont know what i was thinking.sorry.
Anyway thanks for the help.
ThePrivateer
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Chase wrote:Thank you very much guys, sorry that i said that, i dont know what i was thinking.sorry.
Don't worry. I felt the same way when I first joined. You feel like the new guy in a bunch of old veterans - you see the massive post counts of 500+ and feel like you're an insignificant little guy asking all these stoopid questions. I felt like I didn't fit in, but the truth is, we're a welcoming community, and we don't mind if you ask questions, because as Ttech and I said before, asking questions tells us you're really into Transcendence - and before long, if your interest lasts, you'll become a veteran that another newbie looks up to and thinks "Wow, that Chase as 400 posts, he must be a real whiz at Transcendence".

So, don't feel like you can't ask questions, because that's what the forum is all about. :D
Chase
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Thank you so much gentlemen. That makes of feel really welcome. (not to be taken in a sarcastic manner.) thank you so much. :mrgreen:
ThePrivateer
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Chase wrote:Thank you so much gentlemen. That makes of feel really welcome. (not to be taken in a sarcastic manner.) thank you so much. :mrgreen:
Glad I could help you feel more welcome. :)
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

ThePrivateer wrote:
Chase wrote:Thank you very much guys, sorry that i said that, i dont know what i was thinking.sorry.
Don't worry. I felt the same way when I first joined. You feel like the new guy in a bunch of old veterans - you see the massive post counts of 500+ and feel like you're an insignificant little guy asking all these stoopid questions. I felt like I didn't fit in, but the truth is, we're a welcoming community, and we don't mind if you ask questions, because as Ttech and I said before, asking questions tells us you're really into Transcendence - and before long, if your interest lasts, you'll become a veteran that another newbie looks up to and thinks "Wow, that Chase as 400 posts, he must be a real whiz at Transcendence".

So, don't feel like you can't ask questions, because that's what the forum is all about. :D

Yeah well posts don't mean anything, its contributions like mods and documentation a lot of the time. :) But I know many new people here look at the post count primarily.
ThePrivateer
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Ttech wrote:
ThePrivateer wrote:

Yeah well posts don't mean anything, its contributions like mods and documentation a lot of the time. :) But I know many new people here look at the post count primarily.
Indeed you are correct - but new people don't know how many mods or documents someone has contributed, so they just look at the post count. Admittedly, the new member groups should help this out significantly, so that even low-posters can get recognition. (for example, sdw195 and I joined somewhat closely, I have posted twice as much as him, but he helped out on IRC, in which case, he is recognized as being helpful in that field)
alterecco
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

ThePrivateer wrote:for example, sdw195 and I joined somewhat closely
Only a slight year apart :D :P
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

On a side note, I gotta work on being friendlier, my last message seems rather rude - if you don't feel the same way, I commend you. So Sorry Privateer for that nice post I did earlier. The great thing is though people seem the disucssions and can get a feel for what the community is really like.
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

On a side note, I gotta work on being friendlier, my last message seems rather rude - if you don't feel the same way, I commend you. So Sorry Privateer for that nice post I did earlier. The great thing is though people seem the disucssions and can get a feel for what the community is really like.
ThePrivateer
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

alterecco wrote:
ThePrivateer wrote:for example, sdw195 and I joined somewhat closely
Only a slight year apart :D :P
*shrug* Potato, potahto, month, year, it's all the same. :P
Ttech wrote: On a side note, I gotta work on being friendlier, my last message seems rather rude - if you don't feel the same way, I commend you. So Sorry Privateer for that nice post I did earlier. The great thing is though people seem the disucssions and can get a feel for what the community is really like.
Trick to being friendlier -- you don't have to be, but if you say something that could even remotely be construed as possibly being a bit rude, just through in the -> :D Happy symbol. The -> :) regular smile doesn't look so happy. Otherwise just wink ;)
Drako Slyith
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer
Location: Researching how to make St. Kats star go supernova.

And if I say anything where one way is rude or insulting, and another way isn't rude, I mean the not rude one. Always :wink:
Play in over 100 systems in a network. Play the 2011 Mod Of the Year
and the highest rated mod on Xelerus, The Network.
Play the July Mod of the Month, Fellow Pilgrims!
Play My other mods as well
(Drako Slyith)* I am a person
(Eliza chatbot)> Do you believe it is normal to be a person?