Item Repairs

Ask any question about playing and surviving in the Transcendence universe. Newbies welcome!
Tachyonfang
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Is there any way to actually repair a device in the game? Like, for example, a patch spider or a drive? Does it apply to any device, even those introduced by new mods? Right now I'm dealing with a damaged "communications array" (an item introduced by a mod) and I can't find a way to repair it nor can I seem to come across another one anywhere...

Any ideas anyone?

--Tachyonfang
--Tachyonfang
Front Desk Clerk and Head of Technical Support at The Alcazar Hotel, Freelance Genius (IQ 163), and Chief Orchestrator of Various Plots For Universal Domination
"I don't get it-why can't I just shoot them? I mean, after all, they ARE the evil dudes shooting at us!"
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

If the damaged device is installed, use an item that enhances it. For example, longzhu sphere on a damaged energy weapon.

If the damaged device is uninstalled, you cannot repair it (in an unmodifed game), unless the device is a Rasiermesser or Makayev weapon. In which case, you take it to its manufacturing plant and pay for repairs. For other devices, your best bet is to convert them into different items via Tinkers or Teraton fabricators.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Hmm... I'm confused. Anybody have a starmap to the Core?

If you want a mod, use the game-breaking Almighty Wrench. It fixes everything in your cargo hold [except armor].
Tutorial List on the Wiki and Installing Mods
Get on Discord for mod help and general chat
Der Tod ist der zeitlose Frieden und das leben ist der Krieg
Wir müssen wissen — wir werden wissen!
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

For amour you can use Regenerative nanos, though hard to find.
ThePrivateer
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Damaged items are a nightmare to repair....right now, I'm stuck with a damaged Patch spider (and I used my lost longhzu to fix my damaged shield).

Even worse is the lack of Tinkers towards the endgame - I'm forced to by all Makeyev/Raissermesser just to be sure I can repair my stuff when/if it gets broken.
Drako Slyith
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer
Location: Researching how to make St. Kats star go supernova.

For that reason I choose to either put ion-effect immune armor on or not fight the Venturi. Rather, dodge their shots and coax them to a friendly neighborhood CSC.
Play in over 100 systems in a network. Play the 2011 Mod Of the Year
and the highest rated mod on Xelerus, The Network.
Play the July Mod of the Month, Fellow Pilgrims!
Play My other mods as well
(Drako Slyith)* I am a person
(Eliza chatbot)> Do you believe it is normal to be a person?