Using the Teraton Fabricator

Ask any question about playing and surviving in the Transcendence universe. Newbies welcome!
Tachyonfang
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Is there a guide to using the Teraton Fabricator somewhere-a list or a table that will give me an idea of just what to throw in there and what I can hope to get back?

--Tachyonfang
--Tachyonfang
Front Desk Clerk and Head of Technical Support at The Alcazar Hotel, Freelance Genius (IQ 163), and Chief Orchestrator of Various Plots For Universal Domination
"I don't get it-why can't I just shoot them? I mean, after all, they ARE the evil dudes shooting at us!"
blizgerg
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

I did a search on the wiki and didn't see a page about this topic. So I created one here.
Silly on #transcendence
ThePrivateer
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

blizgerg wrote:I did a search on the wiki and didn't see a page about this topic. So I created one here.
Oh, fantastic! :D

I hate that stupid fabricator. I once threw in longhzu spheres and NOTHING HAPPENED! :evil:
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

The fabricator is the most overpowered feature in the game, or nearly so. I get nearly all of my endgame equipment from the fabricator. I strive to get a jumpdrive as soon as possible, then warp to the end and look for a fabricator to transmute much of the looted junk I hoard up to that point.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.
Prophet
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Thanks blizgerg that is one thing that many people never take the time to decypher!

I've also added some notes on strategy and a basic example of how to get the most out of the fabricator.
Coming soon: The Syrtian War adventure mod!
A Turret defense genre mod exploring the worst era in Earth's history.
Can you defend the Earth from the Syrtian invaders?
Stay tuned for updates!
Tachyonfang
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Thanks all for the info!
One other question-is there a reason that you cannot select to drop more than 1 of a particular item into the fabricator at the same time? Like, say, put 21 tons of titanium into the pit all at once rather than having to put 1 ton in at a time.

Thanks again!

--Tachyonfang
--Tachyonfang
Front Desk Clerk and Head of Technical Support at The Alcazar Hotel, Freelance Genius (IQ 163), and Chief Orchestrator of Various Plots For Universal Domination
"I don't get it-why can't I just shoot them? I mean, after all, they ARE the evil dudes shooting at us!"
blizgerg
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Prophet wrote:Thanks blizgerg that is one thing that many people never take the time to decypher!

I've also added some notes on strategy and a basic example of how to get the most out of the fabricator.
Thanks. Also the reason it looks a bit directed towards modders is because I generated that table in 1 minute by copying the table out of the xml and using vims search and replace commands. I was just thinking that I should maybe break that table up into two or more tables, one focusing on items that modify the variables, and the other focusing on production.
Silly on #transcendence
jimj316
Miner
Miner

Could you add another column to the left of that table, showing what the pattern means in words? I managed to work them out after looking at the legend, but I can easily imagine some poor newb's head turning into gelatin at the mere sight of it. THINK OF THE NEWBS!

Something like this:

Pattern Pattern (explained)
&itRingerAmbrosia; Ringer Ambrosia
&itRingerSpice; Ringer Spice
&itRadioactiveWaste; Radioactive Waste
&itOrganicAcid; Organic Acid
“* +Soul;” Soul Items
“* +Food; +Lux;” Luxury Foods
“* +Res; +ZeroPoint;” Zero-point energy resources
“* +Res; +AntiMatter;” Anti-matter resources
“* +Res; +Nuclear;” Nuclear energy resources
“* +Res;” All other industrial resources
“f” Foods (not luxury)
“a” Armour Segments
“* +Meds;” Medicine and medical items
“w <8” Weapons below level 8
“w <8” ''
“w <8” ''
“w <11” Weapons below level 11
“w <11” ''
“w <11” ''
“s <8” Sheilds below level 8
“s <8” ''
“s <8” ''
“s <11” Sheilds below level 11
“s <11” ''
“s <11” ''
“vr <8” Reactors or drives below level 8
“vr <8” ''
“vr <8” ''
“vr <11” Reactors or drives below level 11
“vr <11” ''
“vr <11” ''
“d~swvr <8” Devices, but not shields weapons drives or armour, and level <8
“d~swvr <8” ''
“d~swvr <8” ''
“d~swvr <11” Devices, but not shields weapons drives or armour, and level <11
“d~swvr <11” ''
“d~swvr <11” ''
“m <11” Missiles or ammo below level 11
“m <16” Missiles or ammo below level 16
Nil Anything else

I'm not sure what all the duplicates mean. Maybe it randomly chooses one of them?
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

If the input qualifies for multiple rows, it uses the first (from top to bottom) qualifying row found. If you notice, the rows that accept items less than level 8 require fewer resources than those that do not. Also, transmuting weapons requires more resources than other items.
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!

SiaFu
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Has anyone been able to fabricate a Gaian Demo cannon from a Teraton Fabricator?

I've so far been able to collect/fabricate every other high-level weapon (even Iocrym ones) through lots and lots of Ares farming and resource collecting. And I couldn't see any restrictions in the XML that would prevent a Demo cannon from spawning, beside pure dumb luck.

A functional Gaian demolition cannon and Kytryn plasma seeds are the only weapons/ammo I'm still missing... :(
Mods here & there.Banners thanks to: digdug .
Aury
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Somewhere in the Frontier on a Hycrotan station, working on new ships.

If you're doing it for 100% completionism, I suppose you would just have to keep at it, but if its for actual use, I wouldn't bother, as neither is a useful weapon.
(shpOrder gPlayership 'barrelRoll)
(plySetGenome gPlayer (list 'Varalyn 'nonBinary))
Homelab Servers: Xeon Silver 4110, 16GB | Via Quadcore C4650, 16GB | Athlon 200GE, 8GB | i7 7800X, 32GB | Threadripper 1950X, 32GB | Atom x5 8350, 4GB | Opteron 8174, 16GB | Xeon E5 2620 v3, 8GB | 2x Xeon Silver 4116, 96GB, 2x 1080ti | i7 8700, 32GB, 6500XT
Workstations & Render machines: Threadripper 3990X, 128GB, 6900XT | Threadripper 2990WX, 32GB, 1080ti | Xeon Platinum 8173M, 48GB, 1070ti | R9 3900X, 16GB, Vega64 | 2x E5 2430L v2, 24GB, 970 | R7 3700X, 32GB, A6000
Gaming Systems: R9 5950X, 32GB, 6700XT
Office Systems: Xeon 5318Y, 256GB, A4000
Misc Systems: R5 3500U, 20GB | R5 2400G, 16GB | i5 7640X, 16GB, Vega56 | E5 2620, 8GB, R5 260 | P4 1.8ghz, 0.75GB, Voodoo 5 5500 | Athlon 64 x2 4400+, 1.5GB, FX 5800 Ultra | Pentium D 3.2ghz, 4GB, 7600gt | Celeron g460, 8GB, 730gt | 2x Athlon FX 74, 8GB, 8800gts 512 | FX 9590, 16GB, R9 295x2 | E350, 8GB | Phenom X4 2.6ghz, 16GB, 8800gt | random core2 duo/atom/i5/i7 laptops
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

One time in v1.03, I tried to fabricate a Hyperion reactor. It took more than 40 failed attempts before I finally got one. Each failed attempt yielded a megadrive. (Hyperion reactor is veryrare, but the megadrive is uncommon.) If the item you want is veryrare, while the other options include several common or uncommon items, the chances of getting your desired item is low.

Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Interestingly enough when ever I attempt to use the fabricator I end up having issues like uh... being eated. :)
SiaFu
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Ttech wrote:Interestingly enough when ever I attempt to use the fabricator I end up having issues like uh... being eated. :)
Feeding it luxury foodstuffs helps. Hoarding them is a bit pricey, but worth getting a Plasma Archcannon or something.

I'm talking about an epic 80+hours game in 1.03 and I've got a couple of damaged Gaian Demo cannons (previous owners got too cheeky and attacked me). I just wanted to use them legally, without having to mod the Longzhus or something to repair these and figured there's a chance a Teraton Fabricator could help. So far I've gotten several Iocrym Repellers before a single Gaian Demo Cannon and I've sunk thousands of creds and Rin (not that I'm much worse off, as my pack of Mules now carries an arsenal worthy of an armada).

I'll probably try a couple of more times and move on as the Ares shipyards have succumbed to attrition by stray shots and I can't play with Dreadnoughts anymore.
Mods here & there.Banners thanks to: digdug .
digdug
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Gaian Demo Cannons are EnergyWeapon, so they can be repaired by Longhzus in vanilla :D