What's In Your Vessel?

Ask any question about playing and surviving in the Transcendence universe. Newbies welcome!
FAD
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Yes it is. Enhanced brings it up to 108, but still, as strong as the shield is, there's not too many enemies in the game that can bring it down too easily. Speaking 1 on 1 here. Even the Ranx Dreadnought has to hit it a few times before it will totally collapse. The shield has an average regen which is half of it's backbone strength. The other half is that it's resistant to particle, blast, Ion and thermo and has no vulnerabilities, aside from it temporarily disabling your ship if it collapses. Having good tactics, common sense and powerful weapons are key in helping to keep the shield from ever collapsing. :wink:

Laser and kinetic weapons are no problem at all. They can hit that shield all day and never get anywhere. Even the Dwarg Master's Cnidocyst "EMP" cannon struggles in trying to bring it down. And you know how fast those wicked nodules are!
The Ares turrets (positron) will take it down about 1/3 per hit, but their fire rate is pretty slow so use tactics by having an ICX to greatly help counter them. It also buys a little time for the shield to regen back to full strength if it takes a hit. If no ICX, use common sense and hit those turrets from a distance and then move in to finish the kill.

Actually, besides the Iocrym, one of the biggest threats to that shield are..... Ferians! Two back-to-back direct hits from those plasma torches can easily fry the shield. But then, 90% of the shields in the game (available to the player) will easily fall to those plasma torches anyway. Only difference here is the disabling bit with the Invincible-Class.
Another big threat to the Invincible is the CyberDeck Lowershields. So again, use common sense and hit those Citadels and Earth Slaver's from a distance (CD Lowerhields have limited range).

So in a nutshell, by understanding the shields strengths and weaknesses and get to know it real well, have powerful weapons and counter measures and use common sense and proper tactics--you can-go-all-the-way to Heretic while using the Invincible-Class shield.
I've done it and so have a few others here.
evilbob
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

wow... an essay on how to use a particular shield. Last time I got my grubby mitts on one was in my last no-res game in... 0.96a, I think.
OddBob
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Having good tactics, common sense and powerful weapons are key in helping to keep the shield from ever collapsing.
Combine with sustain and an escape device and the Invincible really is. Just jab sustain when your shield gets down to ~5 points. If you get it right, the shield will be almost done charging by the time sustain wears off. If you don't, you'll still be protected as you spin around and around. Once the EMP wears off, hit your escape device. (it's possible you can do that while disabled, I dont' remember. Even if you can ATM, you shouldn't, eh?)
Yugi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Escape device?
OddBob
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Escape device?
Exactly. A device or object that allows you to escape. Use whatever you prefer. I like gems of contrition and scramble cubes.
Yugi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Ah, I thought something like an escape pod had been added to the game and I hadn't noticed.

You guy are really great at this! You could probably even make your own game given a few months/years. If you made more projects like this, Transcendence could really get off the ground :o You work very well together.
evilbob
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

maybe George could put you on the (currently non-existent) development team (unless George is somehow more than one person, or has slaves working on the game that he's not telling us about)
FAD
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

One of my favorite "escape" devices is the jump drive. Very handy for many useages...like mil missions. Saves temp wingmen. :P
I like the Scrambles as well, but will normally save most of them for the big guy at the end.
goat not sheep
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I once had like, 12 scrambles. Didn't need to save.
>.<
Siegfried
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

FAD wrote:One of my favorite "escape" devices is the jump drive. Very handy for many useages...like mil missions. Saves temp wingmen. :P
I like the Scrambles as well, but will normally save most of them for the big guy at the end.
Do you mean the Transwarp drive deal? I never bought one, how does it work exactly.
Self proclaimed Poofter Extradonaire :D
Dosgamer3
Closed Account
Closed Account

Hit "U" for use, scroll to the transwarp drive, hit enter, yell "booyah". Unless you're playing on a school computer, like I'm writing this message on. :twisted: :twisted:
The universe is illogical. Get over it.

-----------------------------------------

I cannot be held accountable for anything I say that offends you. I never intentionally offend anyone.
If I offended you, it was an accident and I am sorry.
Yugi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Here's a ship mod. It's basically a wolfen with a Transpace Jumpdrive. You press se to get into the se menu, then you press enter over the drive to use it.
Hint: Try using it while over a stargate ;)
Siegfried
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Oooh, does it lead to that System in the game that acts as a Hub for the other ones?
Self proclaimed Poofter Extradonaire :D
Yugi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Maybe. Try it out.
goat not sheep
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Siegfried wrote:Oooh, does it lead to that System in the game that acts as a Hub for the other ones?
You mean Elysium?
>.<