What's In Your Vessel?

Ask any question about playing and surviving in the Transcendence universe. Newbies welcome!
Yugi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Yeah, a practive level would be good, with varying levels of difficulty, like the Arena.
Siegfried
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

A practice level would be awesome, perhaps with the opportunity to try out different weapons and pieces of equipment without having to pay for them? Just to see what you like so you dont potentially end up wasting credits?
Self proclaimed Poofter Extradonaire :D
Yugi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Hmm...that would take a lot of fun out of the game.
Siegfried
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Yugimotomanager wrote:Hmm...that would take a lot of fun out of the game.
I suppose.

What about the idea of making it so that when you buy something you can sell it back for full price? Not counting looted goods.

And on another note, Ive fallen in love with the Jotun Deflector ^__^, the shield kicks ass :D
goat not sheep
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

LUCKY...might i ask where u found it? I never found one yet....
>.<
Yugi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

I think you can find them at Ringer stations, and possibly Military installations...
Siegfried
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

I believe I found it at a Taikon Ventures or maybe a Ringer's station. Possibly a Terraton nest.
Dosgamer3
Closed Account
Closed Account

I never liked the Jotun Deflector very well, even set to level 4. It's resistences seem weak for an alien shield. I know it's a low-level alien shield, but still...I'd rather save my rins for an Iocyrm Veil and buy diamond crystals at every Corporate Trading Post in the galaxy. Not breaking through that quickly! I've gotton the Veil to over 230 HPs before, using a ShieldPower cube and stacked diamond field crystals. Booyah!
The universe is illogical. Get over it.

-----------------------------------------

I cannot be held accountable for anything I say that offends you. I never intentionally offend anyone.
If I offended you, it was an accident and I am sorry.
Siegfried
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Dosgamer3 wrote:I never liked the Jotun Deflector very well, even set to level 4. It's resistences seem weak for an alien shield. I know it's a low-level alien shield, but still...I'd rather save my rins for an Iocyrm Veil and buy diamond crystals at every Corporate Trading Post in the galaxy. Not breaking through that quickly! I've gotton the Veil to over 230 HPs before, using a ShieldPower cube and stacked diamond field crystals. Booyah!
I havent had any problems with the Jotun Deflector so far. And what are the resistances of the Iocrym veil?
FAD
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Both Iocrym Veil and Jotun deflector are level 9. Both are equal in regen time.
Iocrym Veil HP = 180 (slightly better resistance against Ion, thermo)
Power use: 200 MW.

Jotun deflector HP = 100-250 (balanced resistance)
Power use: 120, 180, 220, 280 MW max.

The Veil is a wee bit better. Costs less and has better resistances.

Try the Taikon-200 deflector if ya get the chance. Level 10, 220 HP, slow regen. 190 MW. Thermo resistant, Ion vulnerable. Being level 10, still takes a good deal of pounding from most Ion before collapsing.
Siegfried
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Eh, I think ill stay with the Jotun.
FAD
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

My problem with the Jotun is all that faster-than-normal power drain when max'd, even with the 1 GW reactor installed. But of course having to add in the Fusionfire @ 100 MW and the omni Ion blaster @ 120 MW--all combined draws a whopping 470 MW. Then there's the low MW draws like the patch spider(s), ICX, CPU...taking it up to 480 or so when in use.

But the worst of it is when the shield starts to get depleted and tries to regen, while at the same time having to use whichever cannon to fend off the attackers. Really sucks up the fuel fast. And if ya haven't already noticed, while the shield is down, it still draws as if it were trying to regen. All shields are that way.

That's another reason why I use the Invincible-class. It's a great shield and only draws 30 MW. Leaves me plenty of room for high-powered, high energy draw weapons.
Siegfried
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Power drain can be annoying, but considering I have literally oodles of Both Credits and Rins, Fuel doesnt become as big of a concern.

But the Invincible only has 90 HP, although Id reckon you could beef it up.

Doesnt it gump up the rest of the ship when the shield fails?
evilbob
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

yes, but I seem to remember it being tougher than... a very though thing.