I'm rookie in Transcendence

Ask any question about playing and surviving in the Transcendence universe. Newbies welcome!
Levvvar
Anarchist
Anarchist

Hello everybody! I'm a new member of the forum and I started playing Transcendence. I really enjoy your Forum, but I've got many questions about the game:
1. Where can I choose the mission, and what I should do than?
2. How can I go to another systems?
3. Where I can find stargates?
4. Wchich spaceship is the best for the beginner?
5. How to sell and buy things and weapons on stations?
6. Where can I refuel my engines?
7. What's the reactor on the ship?
8. How can I go backwards by ship?
9. When the selling will be profitable and when unprofitable?
10. What weapon is the strongest one?
11. How many weapons are in the game?
12. How many weapons can be on the spaceship?
13. What weapons are in the game?
14. Where I can get the map with stargates?

Thank you for your anwsers! :)
Bobby
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Spoilers below.

1. lots of stations offer missions, mining colonies, agricultural stations, korolov, militia, fleet. go to the meeting hall or command center
2. press g when over a stargate
3. like stations, stargates are usually located near planets or asteroids
4. personally I always fly a modded ship that's basically a heavy yacht, so not the best person to answer. try the sapphire first. once you have your playing style figured out use the ship that best matches your style. IE if you constantly run in and kill things the wolfen is good, if you hoard stuff and grab every bit of loot you can and run trade routes the freighter is good. The sapphire is somewhere in between.
5. first dock with the station, go the the commodities exchange option if available, some stations only buy certain things, most don't but damaged goods.
6. many stations have a refuel option or dock services area with a refuel option. you can also buy fuel rods and use them at any time by pressing s while in flight
7. the device that provides power, each ship starts with a different reactor, and you can install more powerful reactors to accomodate more powerful weapons, shields, or other devices
8. there is no reverse thrust, turn around and thrust. you do, however, have a stop button, ".". if you mean how to go backwards through systems just go through the gate you just went through, except for Eridani because it only has one gate, going forward.
9. buy low, sell high. corporate enclaves pay well for what they do buy, as do weapons and armor dealers, thors, and the black market(military goods only). stations which sell only certain things usually sell them cheap, like agricultural or medical stations, or factories, and some stations offer a discount as you gain rank, like commonwealth fortresses.
10. more powerful weapons become available as you go through the game. armors become more resistant to lower damage types as they gain in level. the most powerful at any given time depends on the rng(random number generator) as systems are populated randomly each game.
11. i don't know
12. depends. the wolfen and sapphire could theoretically mount 8 (in practice you want some other devices too, like reactors and shields, the wolfen can only mount 4 non-weapons), but the freighter can only mount 2.
13. this could be a thread all by itself
14. when in the map screen press g

And welcome to the forum, Levvvar.
ImageImage
Thanks to digdug for the banners.
Levvvar
Anarchist
Anarchist

Thank you very much Bobby! :D
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

You will find that as you play transcence more you will figure out new ways to get though the game and find tings you have not found previously. It took me 3 game plays to find the agricultural stations. It took me several more before I got the hang o Korolv and other similar mission games. That is not to say you cannot get pretty far in the game with no clue whats going on. I did - but the dwarg finished me off. :D But there are many ways to get through the game and many things that will happen when you don't realize it by simply playing differently.
ThePrivateer
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Ttech wrote:You will find that as you play transcence more you will figure out new ways to get though the game and find tings you have not found previously. It took me 3 game plays to find the agricultural stations. It took me several more before I got the hang o Korolv and other similar mission games. That is not to say you cannot get pretty far in the game with no clue whats going on. I did - but the dwarg finished me off. :D But there are many ways to get through the game and many things that will happen when you don't realize it by simply playing differently.
Like he said it. The best way to experience Transcendence is to simply play the game, over and over. Do different things, try new and whacky ideas -- don't be afraid to die and don't be afraid to experiment. Buy different weapons and armour, try new techniques to take down enemies, visit every single station and talk to everyone you can -- and if you are stuck, or just want to discuss something, just post a topic on the forum and we'll help you out the best we can! :mrgreen:
Datal
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

ThePrivateer wrote:
Like he said it. The best way to experience Transcendence is to simply play the game, over and over. Do different things, try new and whacky ideas -- don't be afraid to die and don't be afraid to experiment. Buy different weapons and armour, try new techniques to take down enemies, visit every single station and talk to everyone you can -- and if you are stuck, or just want to discuss something, just post a topic on the forum and we'll help you out the best we can! :mrgreen:
I just did that strategy when I did not know English. It was v0.97a, and it was a loooooooong game, I wish success because it is only
way to do that. :o
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Datal wrote:
ThePrivateer wrote:
I just did that strategy when I did not know English. It was v0.97a, and it was a loooooooong game, I wish success because it is only
way to do that. :o

That must have been hard, especially since its so much of a key requirement for the game.
Datal
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Ttech wrote:
That must have been hard, especially since its so much of a key requirement for the game.

Yes, but when I was children I was stubborn. Very stubborn.