The Gaian BFG

Ask any question about playing and surviving in the Transcendence universe. Newbies welcome!
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

THe cannon is described as " very rare" : level IX : Dvalin should be Interested:
Dvalin is ecstatic: \"Gods! I have not seen A " BFG " before! It is in excellent condition, ya?
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..
erik dela cruz
Militia Captain
Militia Captain
Location: Patrolling Scarborough Shoal and the Spratlys Islands (West Philippine Sea)

shanejfilomena wrote:THe cannon is described as " very rare" : level IX : Dvalin should be Interested:
Dvalin is ecstatic: \"Gods! I have not seen A " BFG " before! It is in excellent condition, ya?
I did give it to Dvalin and I just sold his present afterwards. HAHAHA! :lol:
.....cry without weeping......
.....talk without speaking......
.....scream without raising your voice......
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Yes, while his rewards, like many rewards in the game are nice to get, depending on your situation of the time, it is often just better to sell stuff that you feel you can do without : but If you were able to get a Gaian Demolition Cannon, by force and/or survival of a system they operate in : you were well set up and Almost nothing the Corporation has would be a real profit to your ship.

By the way: there are items that are rare or very expensive that once you get them: you want them All the time : like the IM90 takes out the Gaian and other Big Hostiles, but not too easily, just gets the job done ) , Tev9 ( never under estimate this weapon , in the hands of a good pilot it can bring peace to the universe), etc

P.S. : did you get to the point where you are looking at the weapons you are fighting against and wondering who's is the Real Enemy?
( I will not spoil that one, it is just one of those things )
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..
Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Dvalin's rewards are just calibrated horribly. The requirements haven't changed while loot has dropped precipitously, and you can't get full credit for damaged items. (level*6 for 5 undamaged IIRC, but no amount of damaged items will get you more than level*3, and having given damaged items prevents you from getting more credit with undamaged items later) And there just aren't enough items he takes to get the rewards before they're obsolete.
Literally is the new Figuratively
erik dela cruz
Militia Captain
Militia Captain
Location: Patrolling Scarborough Shoal and the Spratlys Islands (West Philippine Sea)

shanejfilomena wrote:Yes, while his rewards, like many rewards in the game are nice to get, depending on your situation of the time, it is often just better to sell stuff that you feel you can do without : but If you were able to get a Gaian Demolition Cannon, by force and/or survival of a system they operate in : you were well set up and Almost nothing the Corporation has would be a real profit to your ship.

By the way: there are items that are rare or very expensive that once you get them: you want them All the time : like the IM90 takes out the Gaian and other Big Hostiles, but not too easily, just gets the job done ) , Tev9 ( never under estimate this weapon , in the hands of a good pilot it can bring peace to the universe), etc

P.S. : did you get to the point where you are looking at the weapons you are fighting against and wondering who's is the Real Enemy?
( I will not spoil that one, it is just one of those things )
The best so far I got from Dvalin were 4 +100%Advanced Ceralloy Armour, same set of V300 and his indeed very rare Dvalin armour but I already had Octocarbide Armor and Light Locrym Armor that are both really tough even beyond Point Juno up to the Heretic. I was hoping he'd give me a more powerful weapon than my fave Fusionfire(I enhanced it up to 150%). Thanks again. :)
erik dela cruz
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I have one Q. Are Gaians neo-humans? :?:
Yama
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant
Location: in the apprenticeship program at a Tinker station....

ThePrivateer wrote:
Bobby wrote:I focus all my fire on the front of most big ships too, that way all the damage is on the same armor segment or three, and they die much faster (not to mention drop more undamaged armor segments). With Gaians(sp) I match velocity and shoot from behind, though.
It's one of the good things about Transcendence that there are so many strategies on how defeat different enemies, from the weak ones up to large ones, and especially the late-to-end game period, where everyone's strategies differ, on how the make money, what they choose to buy or upgrade and how they tackle the bigger ships.
One time I dropped a crate just outside the kill zone (or whatever you call it) surrounding a Penitent Shrine, just to see what it would do to a Salvager (I really hated those buggers before I learned how to kill them), and then camped out on a nearby planet to watch the fireworks. It was great!!

To my surprise, a processor approached from the opposite side and died trying to pass over top of the shrine to reach the crate....... :D Then, two more came along and died trying to rob the corpse. Afterwords, I blew up the shrine and looted the wrecks. It was quite lucrative. :twisted:
"A good ship should not look like a plumber's nightmare."
- Atarlost