Funny things about Trans......

Ask any question about playing and surviving in the Transcendence universe. Newbies welcome!
IceMephit
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Things that I have noticed (not to be taken seriously):

1. Battle Arena Maximus : Nobody notices, or cares, that I have a wingman with an X-ray laser? A little unfair, ain't it? :D

2. Black Market : Its illegal to sell slaves to BM, but not buy them. A loophole in CW law?

3. Friendly stations : Will happily (???) destroy enemy ships that I baited into following me to the station. Nobody ever notices? "Hey!!! Quit bringing those ventari ships to this station!!" "Sorry, I need the loot, you got the means...."

Anyone else got any other funny things to add?

:mrgreen: :lol: :D
For Sale: One slightly used EI500 freighter. Hull damaged, primary weapon defective, shields inoperable. Must be towed to Dry-dock. Make an offer!!
Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

The Corporate Hierarchy operating in Commonwealth space has the technology to create and economically maintain massive arena energy shields and this technology isn't used to lock down the borders by enclosing stargates.
Literally is the new Figuratively
Drako Slyith
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer
Location: Researching how to make St. Kats star go supernova.

Atarlost wrote:The Corporate Hierarchy operating in Commonwealth space has the technology to create and economically maintain massive arena energy shields and this technology isn't used to lock down the borders by enclosing stargates.
Or to put unbreakable shields around a ship and rule commonwealth with an iron fist.
Play in over 100 systems in a network. Play the 2011 Mod Of the Year
and the highest rated mod on Xelerus, The Network.
Play the July Mod of the Month, Fellow Pilgrims!
Play My other mods as well
(Drako Slyith)* I am a person
(Eliza chatbot)> Do you believe it is normal to be a person?
stealthx
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

The poor commonwealth slums won't accept ice and cash cards graciously :? .
Be the hope of humanity. Be a Gundam Meister.
Drako Slyith
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

stealthx wrote:The poor commonwealth slums won't accept ice and cash cards graciously :? .
I think the ice goes like this:
It was a long, tiring day. Six more people had died of hunger, and the count was growing every day. They needed supplies, and the **** commonwealth wouldn't spare a few credits on them. Then, a new ship came into dock. He offered you a few tons of ice. Thanks. Now at least when people died of hunger, their drinks wouldn't be cold. Great.
:D
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I think I just thought of an idea of a mod... For Earth. :P
Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Drako Slyith wrote:
stealthx wrote:The poor commonwealth slums won't accept ice and cash cards graciously :? .
I think the ice goes like this:
It was a long, tiring day. Six more people had died of hunger, and the count was growing every day. They needed supplies, and the **** commonwealth wouldn't spare a few credits on them. Then, a new ship came into dock. He offered you a few tons of ice. Thanks. Now at least when people died of hunger, their drinks wouldn't be cold. Great.
:D
You can go longer on short food rations than on short water rations, and the margin between those and short air rations is even greater.

And water is the easiest method of transporting oxygen. LOX is volatile. Water is just shy of 32/33 oxygen by mass and about as safe to transport as anything.
Drako Slyith
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

There is a box labled "liquid Oxygen" in the game. Yes, liquid oxygen tends to explode spontaneously. But the fact that you survive on a small ship for weeks seems to imply that they've mastered mechanically converting CO2 to oxygen. And besides, even if you use the water to get Oxygen, you still end up with a lot of pure hydrogen, which tends to explode even when in the presence of Nitrogen. You can survive ~3 weeks without food, ~3 days with no water, and ~3 minutes without oxygen. But water can be recycled very easily. As I've said before, they seem to have mastered the air. The problem is food, and when 3 weeks go by, no food in the middle of space is a bad, bad deal. Then you get ice as a gift. Would you be glad to get ice when you're a day away from starving to death?
Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Claiming based on the behavior of the playership that oxygen recycling is flawless is like claiming based on the lack of a hunger mechanic in Ultima 6 that all farms in Britannia are redundant.

Some things are simply abstracted away for your convenience. Like not having to buy food or deal with the byproducts from any meals you eat at restaurants.
Drako Slyith
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Except that is oxygen had to be recycled then that would be very difficult to form a base 15 systems away from any habitable planed. You'd have to have a convoy of freighters stretching back to St. Kats from Heretic. It'd be a pirate's dream, but not really good for a military base.
stealthx
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Atarlost wrote:... deal with the byproducts from any meals you eat at restaurants.
:shock: . Wow, I don't think anyone can get more refined than this!
Drako Slyith wrote:It was a long, tiring day. Six more people had died of hunger, and the count was growing every day. They needed supplies, and the **** commonwealth wouldn't spare a few credits on them. Then, a new ship came into dock. He offered you a few tons of ice. Thanks. Now at least when people died of hunger, their drinks wouldn't be cold. Great.
Still, they can sell the ice and buy food with the cash right? The ones in Eridani are quite near to other corporate/commonwealth stations after all. Also, I've noticed that more often than not Korokov missions to these slums pays very well. So how do you explain that? (don't mind, I was just nitpicking :lol: )
Ttech wrote:I think I just thought of an idea of a mod... For Earth. :P
Care to share that idea, Ttech?
Be the hope of humanity. Be a Gundam Meister.
A yacht called Sapphire
Anarchist
Anarchist

IceMephit wrote:"Hey!!! Quit bringing those ventari ships to this station!!" "Sorry, I need the loot, you got the means...."
Enemy reinforcements/replacements don't seem to worry about "trails of destruction" of their fellow vessels stretching back to their bases, or seem to realize that perhaps more than one ship might be needed to stop someone from farming their vessels one-by-one ("There can't possibly be anything suspicious about this long line of dead Ventari destroyers leading all the way to our Ventari colony!" or "After the last 99 ships sent one-by-one to defend the colony and defeat that Wolfen, the hundredth one might just be the charm!").
A yacht called Sapphire
Ultimate Chicken
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

I was honorable and left my wingmen outside the arena. But by then I had been past St K's - OTL w/Collimator, Optimized and had a +20% Mammoth 25 shield generator. The audience was yawning throughout my match with The Slicer, who only took out half my shields before he went down. >_>
3. Friendly stations : Will happily (???) destroy enemy ships that I baited into following me to the station. Nobody ever notices? "Hey!!! Quit bringing those ventari ships to this station!!" "Sorry, I need the loot, you got the means...."
Funny that, I had a Marauder Raid Platform flee RIGHT INSIDE THE ST KAT STATION'S RING. Mind you, that's a rather large ring. The friendlies were all over each other trying to take out the rogue pirate carrier from where they can't hit it. 0.o
A yacht called Sapphire
Anarchist
Anarchist

Ultimate Chicken wrote:I was honorable and left my wingmen outside the arena. But by then I had been past St K's - OTL w/Collimator, Optimized and had a +20% Mammoth 25 shield generator. The audience was yawning throughout my match with The Slicer, who only took out half my shields before he went down. >_>

Funny that, I had a Marauder Raid Platform flee RIGHT INSIDE THE ST KAT STATION'S RING. Mind you, that's a rather large ring. The friendlies were all over each other trying to take out the rogue pirate carrier from where they can't hit it. 0.o
Hi Ultimate Chicken, welcome to the Transcendence forum! :D
A yacht called Sapphire
Ultimate Chicken
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

OT, but thanks for the welcome. ^_^