Finding a Shipyard

Ask any question about playing and surviving in the Transcendence universe. Newbies welcome!
Kreo_wolf
Anarchist
Anarchist

Well, for lack of a better phrase... I'm new to this.... I've been searching for my answer throughout the forums, and can't seem to find anything that would help other than a few different posts regarding shipyards and their locations... I'm not currently using any mods other than the Ore Scanning Program by PM, and have followed several posts that lead me to believe that a shipyard can be found in the St. Kathrine System... I've searched all over the sector and can't find anything... I've also upgraded my version to 1.05... Of course that was after I started my search...

Therefore, I'm left with the conclusion that I may have to create a new game to include said shipyards, or they are just simply too dang hard to find :shock: ...

I would really appreciate some help on the matter...

Thanks in advance ^.^

P.S. Would this be the right thread to post this? If not, I'd be more than willing to change it over.
The decisions we make, dictate the lives lead. This above all, to thine own self be true. ~Hamlet
Curudan
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

There are no shipyards in the St Katherine's system, because there is no ship changing in the unmodded game.

The only shipyard in the game is the Ares Shipyard, and that's just a hostile station that spawns enemy vessels.

If you want to be able to change your ship mid-game, you will need to install a mod, such as Playership Drones.
Kreo_wolf
Anarchist
Anarchist

Curudan wrote:There are no shipyards in the St Katherine's system, because there is no ship changing in the unmodded game.

The only shipyard in the game is the Ares Shipyard, and that's just a hostile station that spawns enemy vessels.

If you want to be able to change your ship mid-game, you will need to install a mod, such as Playership Drones.
Thank you so very much! Although I was lead to believe that ship changing was available... Guess I read that wrong xD And thanks for the link, I'll see if I can put that to good use ^.^
The decisions we make, dictate the lives lead. This above all, to thine own self be true. ~Hamlet
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I think the idea was that ship changing was made possible starting as of 1.02, but that did not mean the player gained the means to change ships in a normal game (until after Heretic). However, modders who wanted or needed ship changing can add that feature to their mods.

And thank you for downloading and playing my mods.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.
Kreo_wolf
Anarchist
Anarchist

PM wrote:I think the idea was that ship changing was made possible starting as of 1.02, but that did not mean the player gained the means to change ships in a normal game (until after Heretic). However, modders who wanted or needed ship changing can add that feature to their mods.

And thank you for downloading and playing my mods.
thank you for making them! They've been a big help in my mining operations!! And thanks for the info, I'm still learning on how to install and work mods, but I'm getting there ^.^
Lokasenna
Miner
Miner

Curudan wrote:The only shipyard in the game is the Ares Shipyard, and that's just a hostile station that spawns enemy vessels.
The Ringers may take issue with this statement. ;)
Drako Slyith
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer
Location: Researching how to make St. Kats star go supernova.

There is a commonwealth shipyard in the early systems, but it doesn't make ships.
Play in over 100 systems in a network. Play the 2011 Mod Of the Year
and the highest rated mod on Xelerus, The Network.
Play the July Mod of the Month, Fellow Pilgrims!
Play My other mods as well
(Drako Slyith)* I am a person
(Eliza chatbot)> Do you believe it is normal to be a person?
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

It might be interesting to have similar shipyards in the commonwealth
Drako Slyith
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer
Location: Researching how to make St. Kats star go supernova.

Well, all those centurions, britannias and aquilas have to come from somewhere.
Play in over 100 systems in a network. Play the 2011 Mod Of the Year
and the highest rated mod on Xelerus, The Network.
Play the July Mod of the Month, Fellow Pilgrims!
Play My other mods as well
(Drako Slyith)* I am a person
(Eliza chatbot)> Do you believe it is normal to be a person?