[N00B qns]Tinkerer & Corporate Trading Post Q's...

Ask any question about playing and surviving in the Transcendence universe. Newbies welcome!
Ultimate Chicken
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

How exactly do I use the Custom Work option in every Tinkerer's? I kinda tried giving them everything, from a working weapon to multiple copies of damaged weapons in the hopes they'd give me a non-damaged version, but they keep telling me the stuff is useless to them...

And, how do I use the Order Item in the Corporate Trading Post? I can't seem to order anything by in-game name here... they never have the item! =.=
Drako Slyith
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer
Location: Researching how to make St. Kats star go supernova.

The tinkers only have a few items they can use. You probably don't have the items they can do stuff with. Try things with a description that says something about industry. Also you can use basic lasers and basic turbolasers.

Corporate trading posts don't have any military or illegal equipment. If you can't get anything you're probably trying to get too advanced equipment. Try for basic things such as enhancers and low level devices.
Play in over 100 systems in a network. Play the 2011 Mod Of the Year
and the highest rated mod on Xelerus, The Network.
Play the July Mod of the Month, Fellow Pilgrims!
Play My other mods as well
(Drako Slyith)* I am a person
(Eliza chatbot)> Do you believe it is normal to be a person?
Ultimate Chicken
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Ah, lasers and turbolasers worked at the Tinkerer's. Too bad they won't do anything with Xiphon Cannons.

Also, I was trying to ask for Patch Spiders and a Patcher Arm at the CTP. >_>
Bobby
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Check your spelling, one letter off and it won't find it. Partial names work well. I suspect it treats the input text box by looking for that exact phrase, so "pat spi" will return nothing, but "spider" will find it.
ImageImage
Thanks to digdug for the banners.
IceMephit
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Tinker Formula: SPOILER

Can be found here: http://wiki.neurohack.com/transcendence ... _gathering
For Sale: One slightly used EI500 freighter. Hull damaged, primary weapon defective, shields inoperable. Must be towed to Dry-dock. Make an offer!!
Ultimate Chicken
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Aw, guide dang it (/tvtropes), that helps a lot! Thanks!
erik dela cruz
Militia Captain
Militia Captain
Location: Patrolling Scarborough Shoal and the Spratlys Islands (West Philippine Sea)

guys may I add one more question? Why can't they (the Tinkers Guild) really customize particle, hexagene, thermo and the heavier stuffs (including reactors)?
.....cry without weeping......
.....talk without speaking......
.....scream without raising your voice......
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Hmm... I'm confused. Anybody have a starmap to the Core?

I too thought at first that the Tinkers could do crazy things with weapons... Even maybe give you one of the ancient weapons/devices in their station. Alas, the limitations of code have prevented Tinkers from having random Custom Work or the ability to awesomize your equipment. That, and level curves. Stations found at a specific level only matter at that level (think about agricultural stations; their missions aren't hard if you have level V shields and weapons).
Tutorial List on the Wiki and Installing Mods
Get on Discord for mod help and general chat
Der Tod ist der zeitlose Frieden und das leben ist der Krieg
Wir müssen wissen — wir werden wissen!
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

erik dela cruz wrote:guys may I add one more question? Why can't they (the Tinkers Guild) really customize particle, hexagene, thermo and the heavier stuffs (including reactors)?
I think you can Tink your way to Prophet's Mod : Tinker Master V2 :http://xelerus.de/index.php?s=mod&id=527
to increase the abilities of the Tinker: unzip ( I use Imploder, it's free ) and add the .xml to your extensions folder: if you do not have such a folder in your game file folder, create one Named " Extensions " and add the files for Mods to it: be sure the File matches your version of the game: the version the Mods go to are listed in the download description.
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..
erik dela cruz
Militia Captain
Militia Captain
Location: Patrolling Scarborough Shoal and the Spratlys Islands (West Philippine Sea)

shanejfilomena wrote:
erik dela cruz wrote:guys may I add one more question? Why can't they (the Tinkers Guild) really customize particle, hexagene, thermo and the heavier stuffs (including reactors)?
I think you can Tink your way to Prophet's Mod : Tinker Master V2 :http://xelerus.de/index.php?s=mod&id=527
to increase the abilities of the Tinker: unzip ( I use Imploder, it's free ) and add the .xml to your extensions folder: if you do not have such a folder in your game file folder, create one Named " Extensions " and add the files for Mods to it: be sure the File matches your version of the game: the version the Mods go to are listed in the download description.
Already did but I added it while I was still in the game in 1.05 but I think will have an effect if I change playership am I right?. Many thanks. :)
.....cry without weeping......
.....talk without speaking......
.....scream without raising your voice......