"White elephants" in 1.05 and their possible uses

Ask any question about playing and surviving in the Transcendence universe. Newbies welcome!
Katokijime
Anarchist
Anarchist

By the above I mean items like armor components and weapons and such that while initially nearly valueless in relation to their acquisition may have some non-intuitive positive quality.

This topic was inspired by my lugging around three pieces of depleted uranium armor around in my mule between the early to mid-game areas. Unlike the Sung armor which is obvious (and cool if you want to get into the hoarding and scrimping mindset) and the radioactive waste bit I can't wrap my head around this one. Also the sunflare cannon is not only less powerful but worth very little considering its unbroken rarity, were there balance issues with it?
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Hmm... I'm confused. Anybody have a starmap to the Core?

Depleted Uranium is just a normal armor; sell it. You'll meet some faction later on that uses them so you'll see them more frequently later on.
As for the sunflare, I personally love the weapon,but it's not broken. At only 2 shots per second, The player tends to miss more often. It would only be a killer in the hands of a skilled marksman.
i recommend you sell the damaged one at a nearby tinker. (although if you have The Almighty Wrench! that situation is bound to change.)
Tutorial List on the Wiki and Installing Mods
Get on Discord for mod help and general chat
Der Tod ist der zeitlose Frieden und das leben ist der Krieg
Wir müssen wissen — wir werden wissen!
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I tend to hoard junk armor until I see a Teraton fabricator. At that point, I toss the armor into the pit to use as material, after it gets some energy.

Radioactive waste is useful because Tinkers can build waste cannons out of them.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.
erik dela cruz
Militia Captain
Militia Captain
Location: Patrolling Scarborough Shoal and the Spratlys Islands (West Philippine Sea)

You know guys, Davlin actually accepts depleted uranium armor. 8-)
.....cry without weeping......
.....talk without speaking......
.....scream without raising your voice......
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Today's Junk is tomorrows Treasure : As you learn more of the game you will find the pieces of the puzzle where that " Junk" turns into useful gold to help you gain profits from fabrication, cannibalizing bits of Sung armor , dropping Barricades to shield an Ag station or Ice farm in Hostile territory ( the ice farm bit is not exactly for profit,The Ice farm is basically defenseless : I have had one next to a station I dragged Hostiles to : it died, the Cruiser came, my wrecks were destroyed in the battle......no loot. So I try to Protect them just to be sure the Cruisers will not come because " friendly fire" by the cruiser is dangerous to an early ship and heavily damaged wrecks with loot you want ).

SunFlare : I like that gun for an early station destroying weapon, if you can get one that works: while the stations are still low hit points it makes it so much easier to crack them open to get the goodies. As for Combat: no..I tried to get the WindSlavers to stand still but they refused..
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..