Weapon installing/Changing?

Ask any question about playing and surviving in the Transcendence universe. Newbies welcome!
NicNamSam
Anarchist
Anarchist

Hello everybody!
I have a lot of different weapons in my cargo hold that I want to test out, but how do I install them. I figured I probably have to go to some station, but which ones can I do this? Also, at these stations, are you able to repair weapons? Thanks :!:
sdw195
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

hi NicNamSam

yes, you do have to install them at stations, try looking for commonwealth shipyards and commonwealth stations ( iirc the shipyards install them for less credits). afair (and i haven't played in a while) you cant repair weapons very easily (i think its possible for some brands to be repaired but i cant remember )
"Dash_Merc - George is a genius, in that he created this game engine that is infinitely extendable"
"<@sheepluva>Good night everybody, may the source be with you." <-- FOSG dev
"You only need THREE tools in life - WD-40 to make things go, Duct Tape to make things stop And C-4 to make things go away"
Datal
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Or also download GODMODE by PM from xelerus.de and have everything in your ship.
Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

That's not a helpful response. The OP is not asking for help cheating, but help playing the game normally.
Literally is the new Figuratively
Yama
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant
Location: in the apprenticeship program at a Tinker station....

NicNamSam wrote:Hello everybody!
I have a lot of different weapons in my cargo hold that I want to test out, but how do I install them. I figured I probably have to go to some station, but which ones can I do this? Also, at these stations, are you able to repair weapons? Thanks :!:
The stations that will install weapons in the early part of the game are the Commonwealth stations, Drydocks, Korolov stations (you once you've done at least one Korolov mission) and the manufacturer specific (Rasiermesser, Makayev and a little later Bushido) weapons dealers. The Black Market shipyards (which you'll usually start to encounter past St. Kats) will also install weapons, but you have to have a Black Market ID to get in. You use the "Install Device" or "Install Weapon" option, depending on what kind of station you're at (its in the Dock Services menu at some stations).

Regarding repairs, I've read that the Rasiermesser, Makayev, and Bushido weapons factories will repair their own weapons, but haven't found one and tried it myself. In addition, The Tinker stations (which you'll probably encounter earlier than weapons factories) can make several damaged weapons into one higher level working weapon (using the "Custom Work" option). For example, they can make four broken recoilless Cannons into one dual recoilless cannon.

Hope this helps. :)
"A good ship should not look like a plumber's nightmare."
- Atarlost
Datal
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Atarlost wrote:That's not a helpful response. The OP is not asking for help cheating, but help playing the game normally.
I agree with this so I have to say:sorry.
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

"It is possible to repair weapons, shields, and reactors that you have installed, by using one use weapon enhancers. It is, however, completely impossible to install damaged weapons.

There is another way to repair some devices, and it even works when they are not installed; you can use a Longzhu sphere on them. This only works on energy weapons, and, as you cannot usually find them until after st Katherines, it isn't really an option for repairing early game weapons."
------Curudan

However: In my Experience: BEING AS THE GAME IS NOT EXACTLY SET IN STONE ( I find interesting things in Charon or before : I found Charon populated with as many as seven stations : plus Hostiles : made the battle for Korlov "Interesting" ( I noticed that when the station survives: that woman in charge is really snotty to me )) you can often find a Corporate Trading Post or destroy a Citadel : the spheres can usually be in the Citadel ( not always ) and you can order one at a time from each trading post : but only one.
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

If possible, avoid using longzhu spheres to repair items. You can always replace your trash with new items. Longzhu spheres are a finite resource, and are best used to powerup your endgame equipment. With hoarding, you can accumulate enough to raise two or three items to +150%. +150% IM90, +150% Fracture Cannon, and +150% Taikon-200 are extremely powerful.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

@ PM :

Correct: I was just running with my "Strange Game" Experiences: I first discovered a Sung Citadel ( before Charon ) as well as a Ringer ( I still can not understand THAT ( now that I have more experience ) : the game has never replicated that pattern to date.

I have used the Spheres to power up the weapons I favor : I have collected as many as 23 in a game ( used on my weapons and shields ).

@ God Modes/ Abilities :

As for the God Mode / any Replicators / Fabricators that adds abilities to your ship to do things without finding a station : that is best ( i believe ) for testing out things in the game related to a new Mod or .xml addition to the codes of the game : it takes away the sense of urgency and Adventure.
I have two stations : both are set up to trade and provide dock service ( for the usual prices ) that one of my ships carry and deploy at my whim to populate a system or give me the presence of a station I can get those services from when I want them :

However: in a regular style game ( while tempting to Purchase and Invoke my Toys ) it does the same to the attitude of the game as a God Mode because I loose the Urgency and Adventure that is the main drive of the game experience.
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..