Is it possible to make peace with the Huari....

Ask any question about playing and surviving in the Transcendence universe. Newbies welcome!
Yama
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant
Location: in the apprenticeship program at a Tinker station....

Can I kill enough Sung to make peace with the Huari after accidentally trashing a Hurin Destroyer?

I'm not even sure when it happened. Maybe one of my wingmen did it. :( I only found out when I hit F2 to see if I got credit for killing a Dragon Slaver.
"A good ship should not look like a plumber's nightmare."
- Atarlost
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

No. Because of that, might as well farm the Huari. They have excellent loot.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Yama wrote:Can I kill enough Sung to make peace with the Huari after accidentally trashing a Hurin Destroyer?

I'm not even sure when it happened. Maybe one of my wingmen did it. :( I only found out when I hit F2 to see if I got credit for killing a Dragon Slaver.

"An Enemy of Mine Enemy is a Friend" : The Hauri are being attacked and enslaved by the Sung : killing a Destroyer is not really what would set them against you , Friendly Fire , even the Battles for the Hauri Temple is almost Expected and they will retaliate against the WEAPON that fired the shot, not exactly the Player ship : therefore, if they turned on you: you are faulted for hitting a station or the temple ( and there is no forgiveness if you hit those in their system )

I have killed a few Destroyers during those Battles, I am sure my Wingmen did as well : but was never BlackListed by the Temple for it. I have been taking the Vipers found in the Battle Star Galactica Mod ( pull the Launchers off them or they will crash the game with the Ion Torpedo's blasting power ) the Viper has a shorter weapon reach: so it moves closer to the target before firing: Hauri and the Wingmen Mod ships have longer reaches so they start firing as soon as they detect an enemy, which leads to Friendly Fire.
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..
Yama
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant
Location: in the apprenticeship program at a Tinker station....

Thanks guys.

It wasn't the answer I was hoping for, but at least I don't have to keep beating my head against the wall.
PM wrote:No. Because of that, might as well farm the Huari. They have excellent loot.
Yeah, I made a bundle in past games hauling their coils to the Tinker and then selling Superconducting shields. That was before I learned that it's possible to ally with them. Now I'm trying to do that, but no luck so far....
"A good ship should not look like a plumber's nightmare."
- Atarlost
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Huari can drop 250 MW reactors, and they are safer to farm than Ventari. If the reactor is intact, easy money (or upgrade if you need it). If the reactor is damaged, use it as fodder for the fabricator.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.