Domina relationship: Any advantage to making Patriarch?

Ask any question about playing and surviving in the Transcendence universe. Newbies welcome!
Yama
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant
Location: in the apprenticeship program at a Tinker station....

You get Shatter, which I believe is the last Dominia power, when you make Canon. It takes as many coffins to get from Canon to Patriarch as it takes to get from nothing to Canon. Is there any worthwhile benefit to doing so?
"A good ship should not look like a plumber's nightmare."
- Atarlost
Curudan
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Your Defend power will last 4 seconds longer. :D See the wiki.

As far as I know, that's the only benefit. There's a commented out blank power called "prescience", that would otherwise be available at (M/P)atriarch. I don't have any ideas what plans George has for it.
Yama
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant
Location: in the apprenticeship program at a Tinker station....

Thanks Curudan.

I guess it's worth it. Four extra seconds could be the difference that gets you out of something you otherwise wouldn't survive.....

And in my experience the rewards for freeing slaves a commonwealth station are pretty meager. :(
"A good ship should not look like a plumber's nightmare."
- Atarlost
Amariithynar
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

As was noted in another thread, slaves make excellent Teraton Fabricator Soul Food. That 4 seconds may seem to be a big difference in the power's duration, but remember you can cast Sustain as it's about to fail and book it out of there without any fire-through shield. On the other hand, the number of things you can feed a Teraton for increased disposition aren't that numerous, and it might be a better idea to use them there. of course, that all depends on your personal preference (being an evil bugger and all that).
Resident-Pyromaniac
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Speaking of Domina Relationshp, I'd like to be able to become a Heretic. like, blow up the Sis' of Domina, and you become blacklisted for eternity.
If Transcendence was made in 3D, I would die of Happiness.

If you are reading this, then I have planted a deadly virus into your CPU. (not really, but you can never be too careful.)
rincewind
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Resident-Pyromaniac wrote:Speaking of Domina Relationshp, I'd like to be able to become a Heretic. like, blow up the Sis' of Domina, and you become blacklisted for eternity.
Be careful with the rapture coming it is no time to anger those of religion. Wait till May 22, Then if we are not all burning hey have your heretic fun.
Chase
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Wait, WHAT? Whats happening on the 22nd?
Faaz los frul, moro los mafaeraak. Chicks osgor skein. c:
rincewind
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Chase wrote:Wait, WHAT? Whats happening on the 22nd?
Apparently according to a preacher in Oakland the Rapture hits the 21st. Apparently a couple hundred million will be sent to heaven the rest well it never bodes well to disagree with Religion.
Chase
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

WHAT KAK!!! Give me scientific evidence, them ill believe it.
rincewind
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Chase wrote:WHAT KAK!!! Give me scientific evidence, them ill believe it.
There is scientific evidence as long as you don't believe in science. He has lots of mathmatical equations based on the best selling fiction book of all time. And if you add all the numbers exactly as presented you come up with May 21st. Luckily those in the US will be spared the really nasty bit and just die in a vat of molten lava.
Chase
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

I like your style. Im also not much of a fan of the US. Just preferences really. I still dont believe it though.
rincewind
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

See I have it on good authority(a few beers and some funny weed) That god is giving the world an enema and sticking the hose in Reno. Of course when I lived in SF I was hoping the same thing. Personally I am kinda hoping for the End of the World I need the rest. Given the choice between a quick death and eternity in damnation or spending the next 30yrs running a 1 star motel in Reno I'm hoping for the first.
Resident-Pyromaniac
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

That Preacher does not even stick to the Bible.
The Bible says that: "Watch therefore, for you do not know what hour your Lord is coming" ~ Matt. 24:42

Obviously, it does not say May 22d.
If Transcendence was made in 3D, I would die of Happiness.

If you are reading this, then I have planted a deadly virus into your CPU. (not really, but you can never be too careful.)
Chase
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

10 bucks says that he was high on weed and was reading that part of the bible without his glasses.
Last edited by Chase on Thu May 19, 2011 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chase
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

10 bucks says that he was high on weed and was that part of the bible without his glasses.