What should I order from Corporate Trade Post?

Ask any question about playing and surviving in the Transcendence universe. Newbies welcome!
onyhow
Miner
Miner

I'm one system after Sanctuary and found another Trade Post...the one in Sanctuary I used to order Patch Spider until later I discovered that Thor's in the same system sold one too...damn it, a waste....

Anyway, I want some suggestions for what to order...it seems like I can't order military stuff so...

Using a Sapphire, here's my current loadout: NAMI launcher, tritium cannon+10%, katana, Yoroi S500+20%, 150NX+30MW, Smuggler's hold, Longreach, Solar Panel, Patch Spider, 4 stealth armor...

Got 5 orthosteel ore in my Mule and seems like I can order 24 from the current post...should I get it to make Orthosteel Armor?

Update: Got SN2500 from Black Market Shipyards and got Patch Spider damaged...well, that shop has backup...good thing...
Last edited by onyhow on Thu May 19, 2011 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Datal
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

PM6 slicer, and map ROMs. I never ordered anything else...
In fact the best business is to order something witch is rare or veryrare.
(I don't remember that Slicer is military ???)
Bobby
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

pm6 slicer? It's actually weaker than a dual particle, which is weaker than a katana.

I usually order weapon optimizer roms (avoid the clearly labeled defective ones). They come in threes and everything does more damage when it shoots faster, unless it has a capacitor in which case it will also run out of power more quickly. Occasionally I order tritium injectors for my thermo weapons. (again they come in threes, but I save them for my final thermo weapon, usually a fusionfire)
ImageImage
Thanks to digdug for the banners.
Resident-Pyromaniac
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Yes, the things you should order are enhancers. Longzhus, Tritium injectors, patch spiders, etc. Regenerating Nanos are fun, too.
If Transcendence was made in 3D, I would die of Happiness.

If you are reading this, then I have planted a deadly virus into your CPU. (not really, but you can never be too careful.)
Curudan
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Don't forget Orthosteel nanos and Dyon Dust. Orthosteel nanos for my endgame set of Octocarbide takes them from 400 HP to 600, and the Dyon dust for my midgame set- probably Carbide Carapace- really saves my sanity when I'm fighting Dwarg masters and Ventari.

I'd obviously prefer to pick these up without wasting an order, but I've gone games without finding any of these in random spawns. So I'll usually save an order or two, just in case.

I've never seen the point of regenerating nanos, sure they're good when your armor's HP drops too low for stations to repair it, but I always save some repair goop or a patch spider for that eventuality. The repair rate is also far too low for it to make any difference in a battle situation in the mid to end game, and I've never found a set before St K's.
onyhow
Miner
Miner

Thanks for advice!

Just ordered Weapon Optimizer ROMs...let's see if I can find weapons to take advantage of it...
rincewind
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

I wait until a system or two before Heratic and Gem of Despair myself back to St. Kats. Depending on the game I can order anything I need for the end. One game I went all the way to Heratic and had only looted 6 Longzu's. So I went back hit all the posts and came away with 14 longzu's. Of course the next game I got 26 Longzu's without the trading posts.