Need late game advice...

Ask any question about playing and surviving in the Transcendence universe. Newbies welcome!
onyhow
Miner
Miner

Currently at the first system that you can meet CSC...but jumped forward a lot and managed to find both jumpdrive in Ringer shipyard and fabricator in second to last system...

Anyway, what weapon should I use in endgame? Currently using katana and mark IIi howitzer+60% (managed to grab +50 from Makayev plant...)...got ion flame and advanced tritium in my mule, and saw some fusionfire and ares positron sold in ringer/terraon shops... or Gould I try transmute a. Tritium into lv 10 weapons? Or other recommendations? And shield ideas too if possible...
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

in the end game: you are going to meet a new weapon : one you have not seen yet after you figure out the puzzle of droping the Quarantine to get to the last gate: build your shields: take the best of everything you can find: strong armor is not always the answer : a good shield a few experiences with 3 or 4 Ares shipyards that you live through will help you develop the skill .
--------
AS a Fleet Commander once told me when I faced the wave of Hostiles that surrounded my BattleCruiser; " Circle LEFT and fire everything you got "
Ill not tel you HOW to play the end, I took down the Beasties with a Freighter...i am sure you are driving something tougher.
But I can tell you: because you think about your moves: you are stronger . rate the stuff you find even try them all out : I have favorites, but they are very rare in the game: I often have to rob and pillage to get one...and get in lots of trouble.
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

IM90 is the best omnidirectional weapon in the game, and it is good for killing almost anything. Iocrym Fracture Cannon has the highest DPS of all weapons. It is slow and has short range, but it will demolish anything in seconds. (You will need to use Defend if you want to use the Fracture Cannon against the final boss.) Both weapons can be powered up to +150% by multiple longzhu spheres.

In short, IM90 and Fracture Cannon are all you need.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Spoiler:)
the player was obviously evaluating tools they find and exploring the universe: NOW you gave them a mission to hunt the weapon !!!!!!!.
Well........Damage done : a Plasma ArchCannon is nice but Needs reactor power; if your cheap on the power use, a Hecates will blast things just as effectively without draining your fuel( compared to the FusionFire, but the FusionFire is more easily obtained ).
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..
Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

If you have the thermo enhancers (and you can get 3 per order from corporate trading posts) the Advanced Tritium and Ion Flame are good for the endgame.

Ion Flame excels at shooting down pteravores and disintegration spheres. Advanced Tritium boosted to around +100% shreds lobster sentinels. I think +90% is the magic threshold to take one down from full health in a single heat cycle, but I may be remembering wrong. Both of these are medium range weapons and everything the Iocrym have is short ranged or easy to shoot down.

For late game Ares you need something long ranged, but your Katana will do for that. You only need it for capships. The Ion Flame will make mincemeat of Ares gunships because they're either squishy and ion vulnerble or use projectile weapons it can shoot down (and are still ion vulnerable once you knock down their shields).

You can either longzhu or +fast the ion flame. +fast is a little better at stopping light projectiles but longzhus will make it better at killing ships and might give it a chance at stopping stuff like the Hecates and Ares plasma cannon. Either way the Bushido enhancer is worth using, especially if you're using the katana for your long range work. If you trade the Katana for a Xenophobe Lancer or Fusionfire it's a little less attractive and in the later case a speedloader is good.

If you can't get it enhanced the Advanced Tritium will disappoint you, but so will all the level 10 weapons you might transmute it into. If you're playing without reloads and have never used a heat weapon before the Advanced Tritium may not serve you well either. Some people have no problem with it, others can't manage it.
Literally is the new Figuratively
onyhow
Miner
Miner

Found IM90 in a Terraton...150,000 rin...yeah...only 45000 rin right now...this will be a long farming...

Also, hmm...didn't have any tritium injector right now and there's only one outpost avaliable for ordering things...that sounds bad...

Or I'll just blow up the station...that might work...
Resident-Pyromaniac
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Good Lord, IM90 and the fracture cannon are fine and dandy, but what you really need; really really need, is a plasma cannon and Nemisis missiles.
If Transcendence was made in 3D, I would die of Happiness.

If you are reading this, then I have planted a deadly virus into your CPU. (not really, but you can never be too careful.)
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Plasma cannon is decent, but since there is no way to enhance it to +150%, it does not compare to the other weapons. Lamplighter is better than the plasma cannon, but since that cannot be enhanced to +150%, even that is no match to +150% level X weapons. That said, if enhancers beyond Ingenuity are unavailable, Lamplighter is as good as it gets.

Nemesis missiles are good against anything that is not Iocrym or Phobos. However, they are very heavy. After other equipment considerations, neither the Sapphire nor the Wolfen can carry more than a handful of Nemesis missiles without losing maneuverability, and the player needs to carry many missiles (at least 100 for me, more than a handful) to make the weapon worth carrying. As for the EI500, which has the mass to carry many heavy missiles without losing maneuverability, both weapon slots are taken by other more useful weapons, namely the IM90 and Iocrym Fracture Cannon.
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!

onyhow
Miner
Miner

Late but...so better use both Fracture and IM90 at the same time? I managed to fabricate Fracture cannon, let's see if I want to turn that to IM90, turn current Advanced Tritium to IM90, or farm for rins and buy one from Teraton...
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Keep your fracture cannon. It is one of the best weapons in the game. It is slow and short-ranged, but nothing else can match its DPS.

IM90 is an all-purpose ship buster weapon. Few ships are highly resistant to ion damage. Fracture cannon is for base cracking or anytime you need to kill something immediately. You cannot use both at the same time, because neither is a launcher. You swap between the two weapons as necessary.