View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:51 pm

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Favourite LvL 8 Thermo Weps 
Anarchist
Anarchist

Post Favourite LvL 8 Thermo Weps
Which do you like most? Which is the best?

Omni Thermo Cannon-----8MW------26HP-----@ 3.8 shots/s-----Medium Station Damage------Omnidirectional
----Tons--------rin/------Creds

Fusionfire Howitzer-------100MW----67.5HP---@1.5 shots/s------Medium Station Damage
6.0 Tons 17,000 rin/97750 Creds

TM7 multitarget Cannon--5MW------45HP(x3)-@ 3.8 shots/s------Medium Station Damage------Tracking
----Tons 24,000 rin/------Creds

Tritium Injectors and Weapon Optimizer ROMs can be used so what would you do with it.
Wheres the cheapest place to buy them?

Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:35 am
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Post Re: Favourite LvL 8 Thermo Weps
Of the three, I pick FusionFire because it does not use ammo. I avoid thermo ammo weapons.

What would I do with it? Take it to a Teraton fabricator and upgrade it to an IM90 or Iocrym Fracture Cannon, both are which are level 10 weapons. If I had to upgrade a thermo weapon, I would use tritium injectors after I used the Domina power Ingenuity to power it up. I would use optimizer on weapons that cannot be enhanced any other way (e.g., plasma cannon, Lamplighter).

Where is the cheapest place to buy a FusionFire? The Ares FusionFire knockoff, the Hecates, can occasionally be looted for free from a wrecked Deimos, and despite lower damage, is probably more effective because its shots are harder to destroy by opposing fire. As for a proper FusionFire, you can fabricate a lower level junk weapon to a level 8 FusionFire by feeding damaged junk, among other things, to the fabricator. Of course, even if I get a FusionFire, I do not stop there. I upgrade further to level 10 items, where positron and plasma weapons can be obtained.

Want to see what Star Castle is like in Transcendence? Download and play to find out.

Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:26 pm
Anarchist
Anarchist

See I dunno I never used thermo mine would be straight from enhanced katana to lamplighter xD and I never used fabricator I gotta try it sometime.

Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:52 am
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

If you want to use the fabricator, you will need to read spoilers from the wiki or the xml source files. Figuring out how to use the fabricator without spoilers will be frustrating to say the least. Then again, since Transcendence is branded as a roguelike, and some roguelikes tend to be difficult even with encyclopedic knowledge provided by spoilers (at least for Nethack and Angband), I consider reading spoilers for roguelike games as reading the instructions manual.

Want to see what Star Castle is like in Transcendence? Download and play to find out.

Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:14 am
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

i'd kick you all off the base with a Hecates: more power to hit with , less power to use and more fun to get away from the ships that have them :) ( I could buy one, but where is the fun in that? )

So Kate starts singing as we are flying toward the strange ship...
"Roses are red. Violet are blue. I have a weapon. And I don't think you do..."

Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:32 am
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Hecates no longer hits as hard as a Fusionfire. Which weapon depends on what you're flying. In a freighter I'd choose the omni thermocannon since you'll be able to carry enough ammo. Enhance it with tritium boosters. In a Wolfen take the Fusionfire. I tend to enhance it with an optimizer rom for ease of use. In the Sapphire take the Fusionfire if you're running light (no cargo hold, keeping cargo light enough to turn quickly) or the omni thermocannon if you're running with a cargo hold.

Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:17 am
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

As for thermo weapons, I prefer warhammer nukes :D
Or I would if there weren't so few of them in game >.>

Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:59 pm
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Just replicate the Warhammers with the Teraton fabricator. Cometfalls carry your initial supply, and they are guaranteed to spawn in an important system. After you loot the nukes, use the fabricator to make more.

Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:09 am
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Atarlost wrote:
Hecates no longer hits as hard as a Fusionfire.

it was upgraded and I never noticed this ? I should use my glasses more then :)

but I still like the Hecates : and when it comes to weapons, I am a power hog: I look for low power stuff that is effective.

So Kate starts singing as we are flying toward the strange ship...
"Roses are red. Violet are blue. I have a weapon. And I don't think you do..."

Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:25 am
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

The best part of the Hecates is it can plow through missile file that would stop Fusionfire shots cold. ICX lasers spammed by that Gaian Processor? Hecates shots keep on going for the hit. Fusionfire? No sell.

Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:35 am
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Location: in the apprenticeship program at a Tinker station....
Lmoy wrote:
As for thermo weapons, I prefer warhammer nukes :D
Or I would if there weren't so few of them in game >.>

What is it in particular that you like about warhammer nukes? I seldom use launchers, almost never with unguided missiles. I'd like to know what I'm missing? :?

Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:29 am
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

they can bust a late game station in 2 - 4 hits, for one thing. They also have a large area shockwave so as to hit lots of ships in a swarm and be a little forgiving of bad aim. The more common micronuke lacks the power but moves faster. If I can't get an ares launcher I usually drop launchers all-together or hang on to the nami to pester things with km500's. It won't do much damage by then but it gets a capship's attention so i can lead it into a hail of gunfire.

Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:42 pm
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Location: Scouting the borders of sanity (there's a lovely view of the abyss).
Bobby wrote:
they can bust a late game station in 2 - 4 hits, for one thing. They also have a large area shockwave so as to hit lots of ships in a swarm and be a little forgiving of bad aim. The more common micronuke lacks the power but moves faster. If I can't get an ares launcher I usually drop launchers all-together or hang on to the nami to pester things with km500's. It won't do much damage by then but it gets a capship's attention so i can lead it into a hail of gunfire.

Shockwave weapons are also overpowered currently....they can hit a large ship multiple times on different armor segments.

Shrike's Allegedly Superior Sounds: New weapon sounds for the discerning gentleperson or other sapient being

*Yes. Singular.

Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:51 am
Profile WWW
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Location: in the apprenticeship program at a Tinker station....
Shrike wrote:
Bobby wrote:

Shockwave weapons are also overpowered currently....they can hit a large ship multiple times on different armor segments.

Oh, so that's how warhammer nukes can destroy a multiHull station so much faster than my Fusionfire howitzer+80%. It's kinda like Katana passthrough damage on steriods! :D

I'd been puzzling over Bobby's answer for hours. I've used and learned from too many of his outstanding mods to imagine that he could be wrong about something like this. But when I calculated the station damage from the damage and WMD ratings, I couldn't figure out how he could be right. :? Now it all makes sense!

And in my current game I've still got an Ares launcher stashed in a crate in Elysium. :mrgreen:

Many thanks Guys!

Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:16 am
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Yama wrote:
And in my current game I've still got an Ares launcher stashed in a crate in Elysium.

I rigged the Elysium System,Now it has Gaian Terraformers everywhere(so your cargo will be destroyed

YAY NYAN CAT IS IN TRANS http://xelerus.de/index.php?s=mod&id=949
♫♫♫♫♫
♫ /l
(゚、 。 7
 l、 ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
In IRC you'll hear great thing like this
[19:41] Azar_Wolf |oh derp, will have to leave in 10 minutes
[19:41] Ttech |NOQ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
[19:41] Ttech |eats Azar_Wolf
[19:41] Azar_Wolf |...
[19:41] Ttech |And spits out a ... uh...
[19:41] Ttech |I don't know
[19:41] Ttech |Its a blob
[19:42] Azar_Wolf |eww
[19:42] sdw195 |...

Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:03 pm
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next