Few mor Q's

Ask any question about playing and surviving in the Transcendence universe. Newbies welcome!
Tannus
Anarchist
Anarchist

Sorry ^^

this is my game in 1.01
1 It has no tinker!! I can't find one anywhere unless its hiding between rings or outside the system I can't find it at all.
2 Also I've seen heaps of slave camps but only 2 sung forts and 1 citadel. Is there six or have I just been unlucky?
3 I remember usings a halo gem or something it trasported me to parallel universe does it still happen in 1.01 should I try that to see if it has tinker a more sung?
4 Do all the stations give refuel with pteracnium or whatever the lowest is needed on the 250MW how about koshiba 500? I remember the 1GW hyperion only using two types I think.
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

1 It has no tinker!! I can't find one anywhere unless its hiding between rings or outside the system I can't find it at all.
That can happen, albeit infrequently. This hurts, though not as much as other lack of services courtesy of RNG spite.
2 Also I've seen heaps of slave camps but only 2 sung forts and 1 citadel. Is there six or have I just been unlucky?
The latter -- RNG hates you. Better luck next game.
3 I remember usings a halo gem or something it trasported me to parallel universe does it still happen in 1.01 should I try that to see if it has tinker a more sung?
Gem of Despair warps you to Elysium. All that system offers is a hub of stargates that lets you travel to another system quickly, similar to QuasiSpace in Star Control 2.
4 Do all the stations give refuel with pteracnium or whatever the lowest is needed on the 250MW how about koshiba 500? I remember the 1GW hyperion only using two types I think.
No, some earlier stations do not offer pteracnium fuel. 250 MW reactor is the most powerful reactor that accepts helium fuel, and it is also the least powerful reactor that accepts pteracnium fuel. The most common fuels are helium and pteracnium. Both 500 MW and 1 GW reactors reject helium and accept pteracium. 1 GW also rejects Heliotrope fuel, which can enhance a reactor, and Xenotite fuel, which is rare enough that it can be overlooked.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.
Tannus
Anarchist
Anarchist

What about the two other gems?
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Gem of Contrition stops time for several seconds. The final boss is immune to its effect. It is most useful in missions where the player must defend something from attack.

Gem of Sacrifice is a quest reward for saving the Antarctica, and you only get one use. It lowers shields and sets all armor segments (of level 12 or less) down to single digits for all ships on the screen (and a short distance beyond), including yours. This is best used as the first hit of a two-hit kill against the final boss.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.
Tannus
Anarchist
Anarchist

damn i swear there was some gem or item of some sort that transported me to another parallel universe?? I was like WTF?!? Does anyone know what I'm talking about?? Could be something <1.0
alterecco
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Tannus wrote:damn i swear there was some gem or item of some sort that transported me to another parallel universe?? I was like WTF?!? Does anyone know what I'm talking about?? Could be something <1.0
Nops... that sounds like the elysium gem. No parallel universes in Transcendence (that i know of)
Get your own Galactic Omni Device
Get it now. It's free!!
jimj316
Miner
Miner

If you're confused, remember that the gem of despair is called "glowing ruby halo gem" until you use one for the first time.
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

jimj316 wrote:If you're confused, remember that the gem of despair is called "glowing ruby halo gem" until you use one for the first time.
psst: the actual names are :glowing ruby halo gem; golden halo gem; violet halo gem; silver halo gem; fading amber halo gem;
clear halo gem; deep blue halo gem; black halo gem.

the names often do not mix around alot in most games, this is true , but they have options to if the game uses them.
the ruby and black are the most common names used that I remember seeing in my games. but then again: you never really know until you try them:)
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..
Val
Anarchist
Anarchist

shanejfilomena wrote: psst: the actual names are :glowing ruby halo gem; golden halo gem; violet halo gem; silver halo gem; fading amber halo gem;
clear halo gem; deep blue halo gem; black halo gem.
Wow. I completed Heretic but all I found were the gems of despair and a few black halo gems.
Curudan
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Those are the random "unidentified" names. There are only three types of halo gems; the game just randomly picks one of those names for each one, You don't get to see their true name until after you've used that type once.
Nill
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Tannus wrote:damn i swear there was some gem or item of some sort that transported me to another parallel universe?? I was like WTF?!? Does anyone know what I'm talking about?? Could be something <1.0
You sure its not Heretic
I Hate This Game="Nill"
YAY NYAN CAT IS IN TRANS http://xelerus.de/index.php?s=mod&id=949
♫♫♫♫♫
♫ /l
(゚、 。 7
 l、 ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
In IRC you'll hear great thing like this
[19:41] Azar_Wolf |oh derp, will have to leave in 10 minutes
[19:41] Ttech |NOQ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
[19:41] Ttech |eats Azar_Wolf
[19:41] Azar_Wolf |...
[19:41] Ttech |And spits out a ... uh...
[19:41] Ttech |I don't know
[19:41] Ttech |Its a blob
[19:42] Azar_Wolf |eww
[19:42] sdw195 |...