New User, need help against Ares Orthodoxy

Ask any question about playing and surviving in the Transcendence universe. Newbies welcome!
Commander Wilmot
Anarchist
Anarchist

Thanks for all the help. I hope no one minds my necroing this thread, but since I have more questions, I figured I would post them here. I have beaten the game on version 1.01, and I started playing through again, I intend to upgrade to the latest and restart with it (I didn't know there was a newer version out.) Are there any significant changes I should know about? Where should I look for getting the jumpdrive for Elysium? Or is it a random item? I never ran into it in my first full playthrough, if you could just let me know general things to look for to alert me that I have the ability to get it. I don't really want a walkthrough, just general signals to let me know when to explore further and more carefully. Last question. I saw a page on the wiki about binary solar systems, have some such systems been added in the latest version?
Drako Slyith
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer
Location: Researching how to make St. Kats star go supernova.

The latest version of the game is 1.07a. There have been several changes since 1.01. Most have been dealing with modding, so all the newest mods run on 1.07a. The a galactic map has been introduced, and can be installed at St. Kats.
The jumpdrive is an item found in the later systems, and it is bought as an unknown alien device.
Binary star systems have existed for as long as I've been playing (.96) but there isn't a system which is guaranteed to be binary, since the systems are random. You'll usually get a binary system in a game, but sometimes you don't.
Play in over 100 systems in a network. Play the 2011 Mod Of the Year
and the highest rated mod on Xelerus, The Network.
Play the July Mod of the Month, Fellow Pilgrims!
Play My other mods as well
(Drako Slyith)* I am a person
(Eliza chatbot)> Do you believe it is normal to be a person?
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Changes since 1.01 I can think of off the top of my head:
* Galatic map is official. It may be acquired by completing a mission in St. Katharine's Star.
* Ion disruptors ionize, instead of permanently damage, equipment. Ventari are still dangerous, but their damage is merely temporary instead of permanent.
* Ares positron cannon causes extra damage to low level shields.
* Ares plasma archcannon causes double damage and the range is much greater. Phobos is much more dangerous.
* Kills caused by radiation are traced to the source. (In 1.01, you can use waste cannon to irradiate stuff, let them die, and not take blame. Not anymore.)
* Kills caused by wingmen are traced to the leader. (In 1.01, you can order Fleet wingmen to destroy friendly stations, and they, not you, took blame. You get the blame now.)
* Many recent mods found at Xelerus work only on later versions of Transcendence. You can play them now.

Jumpdrives may be found for sale anywhere beyond St. K's. Shop at stations such as Thor's Wonderous Devices. If you are lucky, you may find one early. If not, you may need to wait until Taikon or Teraton stations appear late in the game. If you cannot find one for sale, spoil yourself on how the Teraton fabricators work and spawn one.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.