Problems with mods

Ask any question about playing and surviving in the Transcendence universe. Newbies welcome!
javalavadingdong
Anarchist
Anarchist

Dear community,
I have been trying to install mods for quite some time however most mods I install are 'new ships' such as the God mod ship or New Playable Stock Ships (which makes every ship in the game playable.) I installed everything correctly and yet it still doesn't work. I was wondering if it might be if my computer may NOT be able to run mods however Transcendence runs fine, also I only play Transcendence on my laptop (windows XP vista capable) and it is very slow right now i'm on vacation using some internet nearby. (please note that I think my copy of Transcendence might be outdated and I still use Test Extension and Transcendence Data.) If anybody could send me a link to a VIDEO that could show me how to install Test extension and a mod correctly I would like that.
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

if you downloaded and unpacked the official version of the game they unpack in a folder you tell it to : create a folder named " extensions" in the same folder with the game ; place all your version specified extensions into it . so long as they meet the version requirements the game will just load them. otherwise it will give you an error: so you just pull the offending one out and reload the game.

If you are using a non official version of the game: one of the "testing versions" : same process :
you SHOULD not have a problem with XP.....I got a Dell with XP .....if it could mess up it would have tried by now.

If a extension available for download does not say a version number that you have or would like to try it on or describe it's ability to operate in other versions other then stated : it might not.
this is something you must always be watchful for.
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..
alterecco
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

javalavadingdong wrote:(please note that I think my copy of Transcendence might be outdated and I still use Test Extension and Transcendence Data.)
What version of Transcendence are you using?
What do you mean by Test Transcendence Data?

Normally, the procedure with the latests stable Transcendence is the following. Unpack the game archive. If the folder does not already include a folder named "Extensions", then create it. Unpack the mod you want to use inside this folder.

Please let us know if this does not work.
Get your own Galactic Omni Device
Get it now. It's free!!
javalavadingdong
Anarchist
Anarchist

Update! Just got the latest test version (I think its around 1.06a or 1.07a or 1.06b. Also i only installed the test extension from the official transcendence website. Also I REQUIRE a video on how to install it. Also should I extract the extension files/ unzip them? Because I just don't understand the picture/ word tuts.
alterecco
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

javalavadingdong wrote:Update! Just got the latest test version (I think its around 1.06a or 1.07a or 1.06b. Also i only installed the test extension from the official transcendence website. Also I REQUIRE a video on how to install it. Also should I extract the extension files/ unzip them? Because I just don't understand the picture/ word tuts.
Yes, you should extract the extension files (unzip them) inside the "Extensions" folder.

I am sorry that I don't have video on how to do it for you.
Get your own Galactic Omni Device
Get it now. It's free!!
TheLastBrunnenG
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Here's how it should look. Unzip Transcendence to its own folder anywhere you like. Inside the Transcendence folder you will see several files - upon first install you may not have a debug.log, a .SAV file, etc. There will not be an Extensions directory. Create one. Then unzip any mods you like into your new Extensions directory. I recommend unzipping just one mod at a time, then launching the game. If you unzip lots of mods at once and some of them conflict, it can be hard to figure out which is the culprit. In the screen shot below I unzipped Transcendence to C:\GAMES, and I added a ton of mods in my Extensions directory (some are unreleased, but coming this month as soon as I finish playtesting!).

Vaiyo A-O
A Home Va Ya Ray
Vaiyo A-Rah
Jerhume Brunnen G
ImageImage
digdug
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I added a ton of mods in my Extensions directory (some are unreleased, but coming this month as soon as I finish playtesting!
ohhh, a glance to TheLastBrunnenG upcoming mods, nice :D
javalavadingdong
Anarchist
Anarchist

thanks everyone! I finnaly figured it out! (thanks to my bro)