End game for an EI500: Need advise?

Ask any question about playing and surviving in the Transcendence universe. Newbies welcome!
erik dela cruz
Militia Captain
Militia Captain
Location: Patrolling Scarborough Shoal and the Spratlys Islands (West Philippine Sea)

Trans v1.06 prime(vanila): It's tougher to simply choose what weapons to carry for an end game, especially in an EI500. I've been hanging around in point Juno for the longest time chillin. I see the Heretic stardate waiting for me in L#$%^& system but I'm having a hard time deciding which weapon I must and would most likely give me a fighting edge(and keep me alive longer). I have the IM90(+150%), an omnithermo(+150%), and lastly the Lamplighter(why are the Longzus ineffective on it this time?). Experienced suggestions are welcome.

(I shoulda included this in my Heretic topic but I NEED ATTENTION PEOPLE!!!).Thanks :lol:
.....cry without weeping......
.....talk without speaking......
.....scream without raising your voice......
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

+150% IM90 is one of the most powerful weapons in the game. This will be your all-purpose weapon. Your other weapon should probably be used either as a base/shipwreck buster or harm the few enemies immune to ion damage (namely Dwarg Behemoths and Luminous with anti-ion shields). Lamplighter is okay as a base buster but lacks the range of howitzers or the sheer DPS of a +150% Fracture Cannon. If you cannot get a +150% Fracture Cannon, just get a weapon optimizer ROM, slap it on the Lamplighter, and it is good to go. Use the Lamplighter against bases and the few ion immune enemies. +150% IM90 will tear through everything else.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

I loooooooooooove the IM90: I felt like I had my very first Omni power weapon the day I got hold of one :) I picked a fight with a processor :)

In my experience: when you get there, thermal weapons take out your main threat most effectively with only a few stragglers : sit on the manipulators ( you will know what they are when you see them ) and just let them kamikaze to their doom.
or do the bait and run like I enjoy on rainy days :).. just remember, drift in and turn the ship to point toward safety, thrust full away toward the rocks when you get a good mass of the hostiles .

after you get the area clear so you have the central system for safety: your IM90 is your weapon of doom to everything else.

I did like to sit on the star with a tev9....but Im nuts anyway:)
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..
TheLastBrunnenG
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

IM90 if you've got it. Lamplighter is OK as well. My favorite go-to weapon for Iocrym busting: Ferian Plasma +Fast. If I can't get better guns late in the game, I'll either look for Xenophobes and wait until they start killing Ferians, or destroy a few Ferian nests myself. Then I kill and / or loot Ferian Warriors until I get an undamaged Ferian Plasma, and it's all good. Ferian Plasma vs. Fracture Cannon: FP has longer range and faster shots; also does plasma:50; mining2; WMD4, vs. the Fracture's plasma:50; WMD2, and FP has lower power use (2k vs 3k). And I can get it way, way before visiting Heretic. But it's not an EnergyWeapon, so Longzhus don't affect it. Fracture is also effectively a Dual weapon, though the short range and variable shot speed make hitting with both streams more difficult.
Vaiyo A-O
A Home Va Ya Ray
Vaiyo A-Rah
Jerhume Brunnen G
ImageImage
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I usually go for lamplighter as well, its a great weapon for the game especially with fast
erik dela cruz
Militia Captain
Militia Captain
Location: Patrolling Scarborough Shoal and the Spratlys Islands (West Philippine Sea)

@shane: yeah I know you're nuts. hehehhhe. :)

Guys, my problem lies with the weapon switching. It's a freighter and 1.06 is a VERY WICKED VERSION, the Ringers have a quota in the exchange of goods, the CSC's "don't have the technology to install" both the Lamplighter and the IM90(funny how the dockmaster in Decker's ship managed to put the Lamplighter in and out but cannot reinstall it.). The Taikon stations are 3 systems away and i ran out of transspace jewels. Which of the two will be the most potent attack and evade weapon in the Heretic. Why can't the EI500 have at most 2 weapon slots instead of one(does the missile launchers count?). I mean without switching weapons, which do you think will take me out of the Heretic System the best? :?:
Curudan
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

erik dela cruz wrote:Why can't the EI500 have at most 2 weapon slots instead of one(does the missile launchers count?).
The freighter can mount two weapons. The missile launcher counts against the limit.
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Keep the +150% IM90 no matter what. Anything not immune to ion damage will die from the IM90; and as a bonus, you can fire at targets while you run away or dodge enemy fire.

NM900 external missile pod is slotless. All other launchers take a weapon slot.

Install IM90 first, then Lamplighter second.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.
erik dela cruz
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

PM wrote:Keep the +150% IM90 no matter what. Anything not immune to ion damage will die from the IM90; and as a bonus, you can fire at targets while you run away or dodge enemy fire.

NM900 external missile pod is slotless. All other launchers take a weapon slot.

Install IM90 first, then Lamplighter second.
Really? I can do that in the freighter? Wow thanks PM. (Why didn't I figure that one out?) :idea:
Great advise, will do Skipper! :D
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Last time I used an EI500, I went in with an EMP gun. And won. :P
Mischievous local moderator. She/Her pronouns.
IceMephit
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

You can also try the Iocrym Fracture Cannon with the IM90.
However, I go through Heretic using the IM90(+150%) on just about everything, with just a few exceptions and on them I use the Lamplighter or Fracture cannon (which ever one I have installed). I also save all the Gems of Contrition I can and only use them in Heretic. (One for the Ark and the rest for the Sentinels buzzing around the ICS)
But, since I use Tazzmann's TZ-100 frieghter (http://xelerus.de/index.php?s=mod&id=894) with 3 weapon slots, so I can have the Lamplighter, IM90, and usually a Fusionfire Howitzer/Fracture cannon.
For Sale: One slightly used EI500 freighter. Hull damaged, primary weapon defective, shields inoperable. Must be towed to Dry-dock. Make an offer!!