How do I Beat the Dragon Slaver?

Ask any question about playing and surviving in the Transcendence universe. Newbies welcome!
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

( in the game every station generates a corporate contract....but what did it mean? )
EI : Earth Industries ........it is one of the biggest reasons behind the vision of what "Corporate Contracts" meant .
Earth Industries is behind some of the technology we fight in the universe.....they obviously had contracts to deal weapons.

Earth Industries supplies the Ranx ,
but in some versions it will not claim both the Kiloton and the Ammo at the same time but makes both.

the Drones from Luminous are replicators.....and while they do not actually do it in the game ( they , in theory could ) replicating technology that is better then what they started with is part of their design.

In my theory of their mechanism is that they can or should have the ability to scan the targets and , as they build resistance to the enemy with each new drone, they attempt to replicate an obvious superior weapon.

the build resistance to the weapons that destroy drones so the next is not as weak.....this is basically limited to shields in game
but , in my opinion should also extend to weapons, at least in theory , if one weapon did not kill a hostile / protect the drone, then they need to select another .much as the same idea drives a pilot to upgrade weapons more then upgrading shields because weapon effectiveness is often more important to survival then resistance to the target that shoots back.
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..
Dash_Merc
Anarchist
Anarchist

So I was lucky enough to take down a Ventari base, and I was gifted a functioning Fusionfire Howitzer in exchange. I think I should install it and sell my Mark 3, no? :P
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Ares positron cannon is slightly underpowered for endgame, but it is reliable and has excellent range. No enemy has strong resistances to positron or plasma.

Fusionfire is the most powerful howitzer you can find in the game. The only other howitzer that comes close is the (Ares') Hecates cannon, which is slightly weaker, but has other advantages.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.
Dash_Merc
Anarchist
Anarchist

Cool, so I've got some pretty nuce guns. :)

I also got an Ares Archcannon and an Ares Lightning Turret, but the turret's recharge time makes me not like to use it a lot, and I can't install the Archcannon yet.

I also got this "Sodium-Cooled Device," which is apparently worth a pretty penny, but I have no idea what it does. It's installed and kinda just sitting there. It's Level 8, which makes no sense because the wiki doesn't list any Level 8 devices. Just a Level 7 Transspace Jumpdrive and a Level 12 Locrym Healer. Maybe the wiki just is lacking in completeness?

I think if I can get the Ares Archcannon installed, I might take a run at the Huari missions. Between that and the Positron Cannon, plus my particle- and ion-reflective armour, I should be able to hold my own against them. The only issue is getting myself some nukes now. :)
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Hmm... I'm confused. Anybody have a starmap to the Core?

Link 2 Ares Turrets and switch between them for some real action :D
I thin they're worth it, because of all that firepower (and they're FUN :twisted: )
Tutorial List on the Wiki and Installing Mods
Get on Discord for mod help and general chat
Der Tod ist der zeitlose Frieden und das leben ist der Krieg
Wir müssen wissen — wir werden wissen!
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.
Dash_Merc
Anarchist
Anarchist

That does sound like fun. I just need to find a second one. The whole "functioning" part of it involves sacrificing a Longzhu Sphere, so...when I find a couple more of those, I might give it a try.

On another note, my whole bit with complaining about losing a Patch Spider? Totally no big deal now that I have FOUR. Excessive? Maybe. Effective? Absolutely. 8-)
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

As for RPC's advice for linking two turrets, do that only if your ship is not the two weapon slot wonder EI500. Getting stuck with only ion type damage will land you in trouble against some Luminous ships.

Ares plasma archcannon looks impressive, but it is a disappointment for a level X weapon. It takes two weapon slots to install (which hurts EI500) and it is heavy (which hurts Sapphire and Wolfen). It feels like a howitzer, but lacks the range.

The level 8 device is the Bushido weapon enhancer.

If you plan to take on the Sung fleet in Huaramarca, Ares positron cannon and Ares plasma archcannon are not enough. The Ares positron cannon is a low power sniper weapon, and the Ares plasma archcannon is a medium range basebuster. The Sung fleet has so many ships that you need a weapon that can hit many things at once. Shockwave weapons are the most efficient mass swarm busters, and the only weapons that qualify are Ares micronuke cannon and Ares launcher. The weapons require micronukes to fire.

How many Longzhu spheres do you have? Their best use is to enhance level X energy weapons or shields to +150%, but doing so requires up to 14 spheres per item.
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!

Amilir
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

The Ares Plasma Archcannon is one of the deadliest weapons in the game. It has more brute force than just about anything else. It completely ignores the type of armor it's pounding through. It lets the Phobos take on capships and stations and come out without blinking (or would if the Phobos had more than 20 facings anyway. Stupid game limitations). If you point it at ANYthing and fire, you'll destroy what you're pointing at.

It's also a rather poor choice. Its mass and weapon slot requirements make it ineffective on anything as small as a playership. Its power use is worse than even most other level X weapons. It fires so infrequently you must have great aim to do much damage. It can't kill ten ships in less than 12 seconds. In short, it's a very specialized weapon that has the major inconvenience of taking up a lot of space. With it and some aim, you could take out the dragon slaver, no fears there. With it, you could take out a friendly station almost before they think to attack you. With it, you could win the game. But it won't take out swarms quickly. It won't let you cruise through battles carelessly. It probably won't take out a Sung fleet fast enough either. If you do try to use it on the Sung fleet, shoot only at the big ships. Let the Huari kill the small ships. Any shot that hits a wind slaver is mostly lost.

The Ares Lightning Turret is a very powerful weapon. Very little comes close to its power. Two hundred some damage per second. Ion damage. Omnidirectional. Great range. The downside is of course that you can't keep using it. The upside is that you don't HAVE to be using it to let it charge. Unless you install half a dozen it's strictly a support weapon, albeit a really good one. Use it against anything that approaches you, then switch to your main weapon.

Funny side note: The Luminous don't have a kinetic shield, so you'll actually find them to be quite a bit harder to kill with your Fusionfire than you did with your dual flenser.
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I find using an IM90 works pretty well, but I come back to that usually so I have it.
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

NAMI-Heavy + Shrikes Universal Overhaul varient M-series missiles...

And an ion-flame/hanzo with a butload of enhancers.
Mischievous local moderator. She/Her pronouns.
Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

With minimal backtracking the best weapons are Starcannon or Mark V Howitzer. Ion Disruptor would probably be okay if you had good defenses, but it can't outrange the particle beams and the dragon slaver has its firerate cranked so they aren't as insignificant as you'd think.
Literally is the new Figuratively
erik dela cruz
Militia Captain
Militia Captain
Location: Patrolling Scarborough Shoal and the Spratlys Islands (West Philippine Sea)

I beat it the 1st time using a Kilo cannon. Next was the Omni thermo. Then the IM90 and also Atarlost's Cerberus plus Mag. You will also find the Lucifers very helpful but remember you need better shields that resist particle(if not reflect) strongly then with the right armors(use the Dwarg Behemoth armor if you can and the other high level armor) then you're home free. :)
.....cry without weeping......
.....talk without speaking......
.....scream without raising your voice......
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Dragon Slaver has the Shi3lds Down cyberdeck, which can shut down shields anytime the playership tries to dogfight it.

erik dela cruz
Militia Captain
Militia Captain
Location: Patrolling Scarborough Shoal and the Spratlys Islands (West Philippine Sea)

PM's right so speed is essential so to destroy it faster don't forget to click Target and believe me it won't escape you. If it hits you first try to run away for repairs and shield reload. Cool ain't it? 8-)
.....cry without weeping......
.....talk without speaking......
.....scream without raising your voice......