My shield is disabled, what do I do?

Ask any question about playing and surviving in the Transcendence universe. Newbies welcome!
Zeliox5
Anarchist
Anarchist

I don't know what happened, maybe when I was in combat I over exerted my reactor? All I know is I wasn't raking very much damage at all and when I was done with the fight my monopole deflector screen was red (the text) and it wasn't recharging. Is there anything I can do about this? Is there a way to get that fixed or do I have to sell it and buy a new one?

Also another odd thing is that when I click to remove an item it isn't labeled as damaged... did my reactor decide not give it power or something?
Deltax
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Press B and select your shield generator then press enter, this will reactivate your shield. I would advise you buy a better reactor though, an overheated reactor can get you killed in the middle of a battle.
Zeliox5
Anarchist
Anarchist

Deltax wrote:Press B and select your shield generator then press enter, this will reactivate your shield. I would advise you buy a better reactor though, an overheated reactor can get you killed in the middle of a battle.
Thanks for the help, also I found a random item and I installed it on my ship, how do i find out what it is? It just says Unit 7 and that I didn't know what it is so... yeah.
Yama
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant
Location: in the apprenticeship program at a Tinker station....

Zeliox5 wrote:.... , also I found a random item and I installed it on my ship, how do i find out what it is? It just says Unit 7 and that I didn't know what it is so... yeah.
Welcome to the forums! :)

If you're willing to read some spoilers, Prophet put a page on the Wiki that's a great help in sorting out these unidentified devices.

http://wiki.neurohack.com/transcendence ... isc_device

The info there plus a little deduction will likely enable you to identify the device, or at worst narrow it down to two possibilities. If you're still stumped after reading Prophet's guide, post the mass and Level # of the device, plus a list of the weapons you have installed and I'll help you figure it out.
"A good ship should not look like a plumber's nightmare."
- Atarlost