I saved the korolov shipping base in the charon system :D

Ask any question about playing and surviving in the Transcendence universe. Newbies welcome!
AndWheeee
Anarchist
Anarchist

If anyone's interested I used a particle lancer cannon (particle 3.5x5x3.8), NAMI launcher with stiletto missiles and Volkov (set to break and attack). I'm using the E1500 ship.

quick question: Is the x-ray laser cannon reward worth using? It is only laser after all.
Yama
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant
Location: in the apprenticeship program at a Tinker station....

AndWheeee wrote:If anyone's interested I used a particle lancer cannon (particle 3.5x5x3.8), NAMI launcher with stiletto missiles and Volkov (set to break and attack). I'm using the E1500 ship.
Congratulations! That's no small accomplishment.
AndWheeee wrote:quick question: Is the x-ray laser cannon reward worth using? It is only laser after all.
Since you're piloting a slow-turning freighter, probably not. Particularly since you've already got a great fixed-mount weapon in that lancer, which has twice the range of the x-ray laser cannon. I'd recommend selling it and putting the money towards a good omni weapon (turbo laser or particle beam) if you can find one. You'll be really glad you did when you start getting swarmed by Wind Slavers and the like.

If you were flying a Wolfen or other fast-turning gunship and didn't already have the lancer, it might be different...
"A good ship should not look like a plumber's nightmare."
- Atarlost
Shivan Hunter
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Awesome! I just saved it for the first time as well. :D Loaded up on Green Strelkas from the arena shops (I should go back and get the others...) and had a +40% dual Flenser from the black market (still using that thing a dozen systems later, it's amazing). I'll admit, I savescummed twice though, so it doesn't really count.

I never heard about an xray laser cannon reward. After I killed all the other stations (they could have at least given me that map ROM), they just gave me a commendation or something and I went on to St. K's.
I'm here to shift paradigms and chew bubblegum... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

<+The_Shrike> If you install 2 solar panels, you will have 2 solar panels installed.
<DarthGeek|2> :o
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

The midgame has a variety of enemy ships, ranging from lowly outlaw miners and pirates to stronger Dwarg, Sung slavers, and Xenophobe defenders. Against some enemies, a strong laser may beat particle damage. Eventually, once you proceed past Jiang's Star, laser and kinetic damage becomes obsolete (or mostly so), and you want to look for ion or thermo damage. Since your ship is the EI500, your ultimate weapon will be the IM90.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.
Krull
Anarchist
Anarchist

I'd say damn good since the four times I've restarted that section ether sends me running away screaming like a little girl or I get blown up and just sit there going :shock:

:lol:

I'm going to try and do it this time around.
What part of "Phn'glui mlgw'nafh Cthulhu ry'leh wagn'nagi ftaghn" don't you understand? Image