Some 3/4 newbie questions :)

Ask any question about playing and surviving in the Transcendence universe. Newbies welcome!
ytszazu
Anarchist
Anarchist

1. How do I enhance my octocarbide armor ? (Level 10) I find the level 9 hexacarbide armor much better. Can be upgraded to 50% by ortorosteel nanos, repairable using common stations using credits (instead of the rare rin shipyards), much faster spider repair time LOL.

2. How to remove enhancements from armor. I put regenerative nanos to my 3 pieces of octocarbide, only to find the regenerative rate is next to almost nothing :(

3. How to make more rins? :P I'm almost 1.2 mil credits and less than 10k rins. Seems like I can only make rins from ore (Ferians farming)

4. What's next after a +90% katana star cannon? (Did not enchance it with longzu) Quainlong is useless without longzu.

5. Can the lamplighter/positron weapons be upgraded by longzu? (I am an anti-IM90 player :P)
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Hmm... I'm confused. Anybody have a starmap to the Core?

Man, I've been playing for a while and I don't know the answers to the first two questions >.<
3. How to make more rins? I'm almost 1.2 mil credits and less than 10k rins. Seems like I can only make rins from ore (Ferians farming)
Sell weapons to Teraton nests. As usual, being a weapons dealer makes more money ;) Teratons accept high level weapons, so the stuff you've been getting from the Ares should do.
4. What's next after a +90% katana star cannon? (Did not enchance it with longzu) Quainlong is useless without longzu.
Well, you can only have one enhancement at a time for a weapon, so the next step is a 150% Katana XD
Other weapons I suggest are the Ares lightning turret, and ion lancer if you're lucky enough.
5. Can the lamplighter/positron weapons be upgraded by longzu? (I am an anti-IM90 player )
The longzhu can only upgrade +energy weapons- the Katana and the Ares positron cannon both have that attribute, but not the lamplighter :/
Tutorial List on the Wiki and Installing Mods
Get on Discord for mod help and general chat
Der Tod ist der zeitlose Frieden und das leben ist der Krieg
Wir müssen wissen — wir werden wissen!
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

ytszazu wrote:1. How do I enhance my octocarbide armor ?
Use Domina power Ingenuity. Be warned that it usually takes many attempts to enhance what you want. CSCs may repair level 10 armor for credits (or free if Fleet rank is high enough).
ytszazu wrote:2. How to remove enhancements from armor.
Apply either degenerative nanos (adds decay) or meteorsteel dust (adds no shields) to armor. The attempt to apply the malus will strip the enhancement instead.
ytszazu wrote:3. How to make more rins?
Sell high level weapons to Teratons. Fabricator abuse makes this easy - covert all of the broken Ferian cannons and high level Ares stuff into new undamaged weapons. Make sure your reactor is at least 300 MW to avoid the possibility of muggings at Teraton shops.
ytszazu wrote:4. What's next after a +90% katana star cannon?
Find and use almost any level IX or X weapon.
ytszazu wrote:5. Can the lamplighter/positron weapons be upgraded by longzu?
Longzhus cannot enhance the Lamplighter. The best you can do to the Lamplighter is use a weapon optimizer ROM on it to speed it up to five shots per second. If you have longzhus to burn, the best weapons to enhance are either IM90 or Iocrym Fracture cannon. +150% positron lancer is okay, more damaging than unenhanced Lamplighter, but not as strong as +150% IM90 or IFC. If you cannot enhance a level X weapon to +150%, optimized Lamplighter is the next best option.

Longzhus may enhance positron weapons.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.
Yama
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant
Location: in the apprenticeship program at a Tinker station....

Hi ytszazu,

Welcome to the forums. :)
ytszazu wrote:1. How do I enhance my octocarbide armor ? (Level 10) I find the level 9 hexacarbide armor much better. Can be upgraded to 50% by ortorosteel nanos, repairable using common stations using credits (instead of the rare rin shipyards), much faster spider repair time LOL.
I think ortorosteel nanos should work on octocarbide. They worked for me recently (playing v1.06a) on heavy ithalium armor, which is also level 10.

You can speed spider repair times by using more spiders. You can use as many at one time as you're willing to carry. If there's a Ranx fortress you haven't destroyed yet, don't destroy it. Just go hang out in the vicinity and farm Ranx dreadnaughts. They're fairly easy to kill, and you'll frequently find patch spiders in the wrecks. Although they don't spawn as fast as Ventari destroyers, they spawn much faster than the Ares Phobos dreadnaughts. With a bit of patience, you can accumulate as many patch spiders as you need that way :).
ytszazu wrote:3. How to make more rins? :P I'm almost 1.2 mil credits and less than 10k rins. Seems like I can only make rins from ore (Ferians farming)
I'll second what PM and RPC said about selling to the Teratons, and add a couple more things:

In addition to high level weapons, the Teratons also buy any type of device or armor with the "alien" attribute. Also, if you're playing one of the later beta versions, (e.g. v1.06a, 1.07a) they're buying some lower level weapons now too. In my last game, I sold one Teraton almost 50,000 Rin worth of TeV 9 Blasters in a single transaction. :mrgreen: I REALLY put a hurting on the Ventari that day. :twisted:
Last edited by Yama on Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
"A good ship should not look like a plumber's nightmare."
- Atarlost
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

ytszazu wrote:1. How do I enhance my octocarbide armor ? (Level 10) I find the level 9 hexacarbide armor much better. Can be upgraded to 50% by ortorosteel nanos, repairable using common stations using credits (instead of the rare rin shipyards), much faster spider repair time LOL.

2. How to remove enhancements from armor. I put regenerative nanos to my 3 pieces of octocarbide, only to find the regenerative rate is next to almost nothing :(

3. How to make more rins? :P I'm almost 1.2 mil credits and less than 10k rins. Seems like I can only make rins from ore (Ferians farming)

5. Can the lamplighter/positron weapons be upgraded by longzu? (I am an anti-IM90 player :P)
2. I usually leave regen on armor as it can usually help even if slowly - never know when you need it.
4. With the lamplighter I use the Weapon Enhancement Rom to make it fast, which is kinda nice.
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Ttech wrote:2. I usually leave regen on armor as it can usually help even if slowly - never know when you need it.

I put regen on even level XI light Iocrym armor because it saves me the trouble of juggling patch spiders anytime the armor takes a few points of scratch damage.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.