Mk3 Howitzer appreciation topic

Ask any question about playing and surviving in the Transcendence universe. Newbies welcome!
WillyTheSquid
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

As it says on the tin. Precision sniping with artillery = win, and using it for skirmishing is challenging but fun. Makes me think back to Star Control II. I love how it gets less useful, but then the lower-tier Ares ships start appearing and they are vulnerable to it. Getting a lot of mileage out of it every time I loot/buy one, especially if it appears really early on.

Easily one of my favorite weapons, great equalizer.

“Normal people believe that if it ain't broke, don't fix it. (Modders) believe that if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.” -Scott Adams

Resident mod-cobbler-together, freakspawn-fixer-upper & musical eclectro-ecumenologist.
If you love something, tweak it and twist it. Keep bending it until it breaks. Rip it apart, remix it, rebuild it. Kill your darlings and stitch them together again.

JOIN US ON IRC. IT KICKS ASS. JOIN THE HIVE MIND.
Place cursor on link. Click link. Never look back.
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I love how it uses less power then most of the engines you have, so you can use it to propel your self around space. backward, but better then nothing.
WillyTheSquid
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Oh, I've GOT to remember that, could come in handy. Besides, I already spend most of my time flying backwards in this game ;D

“Normal people believe that if it ain't broke, don't fix it. (Modders) believe that if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.” -Scott Adams

Resident mod-cobbler-together, freakspawn-fixer-upper & musical eclectro-ecumenologist.
If you love something, tweak it and twist it. Keep bending it until it breaks. Rip it apart, remix it, rebuild it. Kill your darlings and stitch them together again.

JOIN US ON IRC. IT KICKS ASS. JOIN THE HIVE MIND.
Place cursor on link. Click link. Never look back.
erik dela cruz
Militia Captain
Militia Captain
Location: Patrolling Scarborough Shoal and the Spratlys Islands (West Philippine Sea)

I wish somebody can make a turreted Mark III (there's dual turret Mark I's right?)....... :)
.....cry without weeping......
.....talk without speaking......
.....scream without raising your voice......
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Hmm... I'm confused. Anybody have a starmap to the Core?

turreted Mark III... TheLastBrunnenG made a dual omni Mark I in his 400+ weapons mod... ;)
Tutorial List on the Wiki and Installing Mods
Get on Discord for mod help and general chat
Der Tod ist der zeitlose Frieden und das leben ist der Krieg
Wir müssen wissen — wir werden wissen!
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.
erik dela cruz
Militia Captain
Militia Captain
Location: Patrolling Scarborough Shoal and the Spratlys Islands (West Philippine Sea)

RPC wrote:turreted Mark III... TheLastBrunnenG made a dual omni Mark I in his 400+ weapons mod... ;)
yeah RPC, I often used it(uses two weapon slots) but it would be fun if there's an omni Mark III so blasting Sungs, Dwarg Masters, Ventaris(yeah!!!) and Ares missileships more exciting. :D
.....cry without weeping......
.....talk without speaking......
.....scream without raising your voice......
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Hmm... I'm confused. Anybody have a starmap to the Core?

There is an omni Mark III (I'm unsure of a Mark V but I'm pretty sure a look at the code will suffice), but it's really rare and by that time I was dealing with early ion damage.
Tutorial List on the Wiki and Installing Mods
Get on Discord for mod help and general chat
Der Tod ist der zeitlose Frieden und das leben ist der Krieg
Wir müssen wissen — wir werden wissen!
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.
Hatsuya Kanzaki
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant
Location: leading an armada of Realians driving sword-shaped gunships and WearGears

My Hoshigami new ships mod has a Dual Howitzer that may work like MK3 Howitzer.
Krull
Anarchist
Anarchist

Get as many hexagine (spelling?) boosters as you can lay hands on and get the rapid cannon loader-that thing makes most enemies lives hell :twisted:

I've never used it to fly,but it comes in handy when you have a foe who's just enough to splatter you and you get your propulsion juuust right to stay out of their range and use the cannon to keep it that way while pummeling them senseless.
What part of "Phn'glui mlgw'nafh Cthulhu ry'leh wagn'nagi ftaghn" don't you understand? Image