Teleport Gem

Ask any question about playing and surviving in the Transcendence universe. Newbies welcome!
Commander Wilmot
Anarchist
Anarchist

I got a gem, saved and tried it out. It dumped me in Elysium. Is there anything worth doing there?
TheNewKid
Miner
Miner

Basically Elysium is a system hub to few other system, like Eridiani, PJ, Jiang Star, Heretic and few other system plus that system can be your own super sized warehouse, because there is no one there except you, you can jettison anything there and no one will take it

That's what I know about Elysium, hope that will help you in your journey

(There is 2 way to go there, using the Gem of Despair that you use and the other expensive way)
Sorry for my poor English (But I learned)
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Elysium is useful only as a shortcut to many systems. However, that one use is a game changer.

Using Elysium as a warehouse is a bad idea, especially if you are playing 1.01 (due to permanent device damage, courtesy of Ventari). What happens if you lose your jumpdrive, or use all of your gems of despair? Suddenly, all of loot stashed in Elysium becomes inaccessible; much like if your bag of holding exploded in D&D or Nethack. Loot stashed in a wrecked station in a system with no Salvager Nomads is perfectly safe.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.
TheNewKid
Miner
Miner

PM wrote:What happens if you lose your jumpdrive, or use all of your gems of despair?
You can destroy Penitent sanctum or shrine to get some gem. There are only 2 kinds of gem you can get from Penitent sanctum or shrine, the one that you use and the Gem of Contrition that stop time for few seconds
Sorry for my poor English (But I learned)
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Penitent stations, and by extension the Halo gems, are not a renewable resource a player can farm. Their supply is finite.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.
Commander Wilmot
Anarchist
Anarchist

That's what I thought Elysium did, just wanted to make sure there wasn't any importance to the station there. I am playing version 1.07a.